Software update for Palisades with navigation (including 2023 models) out now - Oct. 25, 2022

Eric2203

Reaction score
The update for Palisades with navigation is now out. Go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website to get started.

Release notes: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

• New Sounds of Nature
  • Sound processing effects can now be specific for each media source
  • Voice recognition in French and Spanish in North America
  • You can set your Home or Work address via voice
  • Updated radio screen to show more data
  • Map data update
If you have a 2023 model, you're 2 versions behind and you'll get more changes, including the removal of the tubes from the radio screen.

NETTYPALI

Reaction score
IF you downloaded the NAV UPDATER on 10/24 for the AUDIO update, you may need to remove it from your computer to download the 10/25 NAV UPDATER in order to access the new MAP updates.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
IF you downloaded the NAV UPDATER on 10/24 for the AUDIO update, you may need to remove it from your computer to download the 10/25 NAV UPDATER in order to access the new MAP updates.
You don’t use the navigation updater program to download the display audio (non-navigation) update. It’s a direct download from its own page.

And if you have navigation, you shouldn’t be wasting your time with the display audio update, anyway, because it’s not for you.

Every time you re-open the navigation updater program, it re-initializes to make sure it’s set for the most current thing at that time. If you opened it on 10/24, that would have been the April 2022 update. So you’d just need to close it, then re-open, and it’s ready for the October 2022 version.

Larryg

Reaction score
I posted a separate new message but just in case, with a 2020 SEL, my update did not go through. Wound up with this message

1667041462927.png

Larryg

Reaction score
well tried calling Hyundai, there were useless, clueless and kept transferring me. Wound up chatting with Mapnshoft and told

" Thank you for reaching out to Navigation Solutions Center with your inquiry. The Navigation Updater says that the update is not available because the update is not available at this time. Hyundai has temporarily removed the navigation updates from the program so you will need to wait for the update to be available again before you can download the update. We do not have an ETA at this time on when the update will become available again. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with at this time. Thank you again and have a great day!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
So they pulled the update? Does anyone know if the non nav update from HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications, listed as being for years '20-'22, will work on the 2023 Palisade? I don't care about maps.
The non-navigation system (display audio) update is for systems without navigation.

All 2023 Palisades have a system with navigation. If you have a 2023, or any Palisade with navigation, that update is not for you.

If you didn’t get the fall update downloaded and installed in the short window it was available, you’ll have to keep waiting until it reappears.

mucifous

Reaction score
Ok. But that wasn't my question. I asked if the software package would work without the maps update.

What are the files in the non maps update? Can someone get me a checksum on them so I can compare?

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Ok. But that wasn't my question. I asked if the software package would work without the maps update.

What are the files in the non maps update? Can someone get me a checksum on them so I can compare?
You asked if the non-nav update can be installed on a system with navigation. The answer is no.

The head units with navigation and the ones without run completely different systems. There is no crossover in the update files. That’s why we often get people who don’t know what they’re doing and download the wrong update for their car coming on the forums and wondering why the car won’t recognize the files on their USB drive… Because they downloaded the wrong update for their system.

The non-nav systems are very basic and bare-bones. They basically are terrestrial radio (not even satellite radio on the Palisade) and a connection to your phone. That’s about it. They are solely updated to provide bug fixes (wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is perpetually a problem).

The systems with navigation are much more advanced and are continually updated with new features and additions. A large portion of the data in the update is maps data, yes, but the underlying system is not the same.

The only way to update your car is to do the update designed for the system in your car. It’s that simple. Do you have navigation? Do the navigation system update. Do you not have navigation? Do the display audio update.