Suggested accessories for a new 2021 Palisade Limited?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Jeriamy

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered the floor liners available on hyundaiaccessories.com? I’m curious about how they look, durability, washability. My Weathertech floor mats are on back order so still time to cancel if I find a better option. I don’t think I like to look of the tuxmat. 3D Maxpiders are nice. The Canadian floor liners look good in photos I saw in another thread but I’m concerned about how washable they are. Same for this Canadian cargo mat. The US cargo mat is just more carpeting So I don’t want that at all.

Hyundai USA floor liners

Jeriamy

Reaction score
Ceramic coat does nothing to prevent chips. Ceramic coat will make your car shiny and glossy looking for longer than somply waxing. Think of ceramic as a polish on steroids.
Hello again, I’m curious how much you paid for the paint protection you got? Is it the 3M clear bra? I called a place and they quoted me about $800 for the basic one (where the coating doesn’t go all the way up the hood) and about $1800 for seeing no lines and doing practically everything.

Zenar

Reaction score
Hello again, I’m curious how much you paid for the paint protection you got? Is it the 3M clear bra? I called a place and they quoted me about $800 for the basic one (where the coating doesn’t go all the way up the hood) and about $1800 for seeing no lines and doing practically everything.
1800 just for paint protection? You could paint a car for 3k. is it really worth it? The hood on the pali is fiberglass so it will never rust

raggedy1

Reaction score

I paid 1500 for Suntek Ultra that covers:

Full hood
Full front fenders
Front bumper
Mirrors
Headlights
Door cups
Door edges (he tossed this in for free)
Rear bumper top edge (also tossed this in for free)

3M is a good film too, as is Xpel

The Palisade hood is steel, not fiberglass. And even if it was fiberglass I would still have applied the PPF because I hate paint chips and I prefer to maintain the factory paint over getting a future repaint after accumulating rock chips.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jeriamy

Reaction score

Full hood
Full front fenders
Front bumper
Mirrors
Headlights
Door cups

The Palisade hood is steel, not fiberglass. And even if it was fiberglass I would still have applied the PPF because I hate paint chips and I prefer to maintain the factory paint over getting a future repaint after accumulating rock chips.
Thanks! It sounds the same as what this person gave an over the phone quote for $1800. He said he would have to see it to be sure but that was ball park. Doesn’t sound super far off from your price so I guess he’s not screwing me at least. The worst part to me is how long it takes and needing a rental car during that time as this will be my only vehicle.

raggedy1

Reaction score
Thanks! It sounds the same as what this person gave an over the phone quote for $1800. He said he would have to see it to be sure but that was ball park. Doesn’t sound super far off from your price so I guess he’s not screwing me at least. The worst part to me is how long it takes and needing a rental car during that time as this will be my only vehicle.

Yes 1800 is in the ballpark. I should also mention I paid cash which helped the negotiation.
Yes being without the car for a day or two is the downside.

pali2020

Reaction score

Full hood
Full front fenders
Front bumper
Mirrors
Headlights
Door cups

Complete noob.. so what does this provide? long-lasting gloss or shine to the vehicle? can we take the car for a wash if needed or need to wash it at home and can it be done using pressure washers or have to be done using cloth and hand wash?

Thanks

raggedy1

Reaction score
Complete noob.. so what does this provide? long-lasting gloss or shine to the vehicle? can we take the car for a wash if needed or need to wash it at home and can it be done using pressure washers or have to be done using cloth and hand wash?

Thanks
Paint Protection Film, or PPF, is basically an invisible vinyl-like sheet that covers the painted areas to protect high impact areas from rock chips. The major makers offer 10 yr warranties on their films. On a 15 yr old car, I recently replaced a couple of high impact area panels that looked like they had been sand blasted over the years from all the road debris. The paint underneath was perfect and the new film has been installed!

For the Palisade I got PPF because I hate looking at rock chips, and the hood will definitely get rock chips. I also like to cover the other areas for good measure (the front fenders and mirrors and headlights). You still wash/wax/polish as you would any car and you can take your car through a car wash if that's your way of cleaning your cars (car washes use really harsh detergents if you didn't know).

For a long lasting glossy polish, many owners nowadays are having a ceramic coating applied. A ceramic coating is basically a really durable polish. You'll likely pay a couple or few hundred dollars for a full application, and it should last you a couple of years. Many ceramic applications will come with a warranty too, but I am not sure how you test or convince someone that your ceramic coat is no longer effective.

You can buy and apply a ceramic yourself too. It's time consuming. The easier applications are hybrids offered by Meguiars or Turtle Wax, but they'll only last a couple of months I feel, just like any good old wax or polish, but these hybrids do offer a really nice shine for the cost (bang for buck). I have gone through a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid and have the Turtle Wax solutions waiting for the next application I'll do, likely this coming late fall.

As for a ceramic coat, you can take those through a commercial car wash too, but if you just paid hundreds of dollars to have it applied I don't think you'll want the ultra harsh chemicals of a commercial car wash tearing away at your new ceramic coat.

Bellasade

Reaction score
So reading the manual about washing the car, it states do not spray directly on the cameras. So where exactly are all the cameras? Living in Ohio it’s difficult to hand wash in the winter. Are there parking cameras in the front. As well as in the back?

SunKing

Reaction score
So reading the manual about washing the car, it states do not spray directly on the cameras. So where exactly are all the cameras? Living in Ohio it’s difficult to hand wash in the winter. Are there parking cameras in the front. As well as in the back?
I don’t think you need to worry about that in general. It’s more likely they don’t want it hit with high pressure water like from a pressure washer.

Bellasade

Reaction score
I don’t think you need to worry about that in general. It’s more likely they don’t want it hit with high pressure water like from a pressure washer.
So going through an automatic car wash is safe? Sounds like a dumb question, but they use high pressure water jets as well.

SunKing

Reaction score
So going through an automatic car wash is safe? Sounds like a dumb question, but they use high pressure water jets as well.
I wouldn’t think that would be an issue. Holding a pressure washer nozzle too close might though. They’re waterproof so I think this is just a standard be careful thing. In any event if you had one fail just take it in.