Tail light discussion

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Only models with LED taillights get this.
Actually, I think it is Limited only. I have an SEL with convenience pkg. It has LED taillights, but not the side lights, I was kind of disappointed to see that, but oh well.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
These accent lights with the cool horizontal lines. My SEL has the LEDs of the bottom pic, guessing the Limited gets the LED style in the top pic.

Attachments

• 20200325_113857.jpg
    20200325_113857.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 15

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
I don't believe any of the US spec vehicles have that tail light
Correct, no North American market models have the top style taillight. They all look similar to the bottom one; SELs with the convenience package get LED (but no fancy accent), and Limiteds get LEDs with the “premium rear accent lighting,” as Hyundai calls it.

The accents look pretty cool at night!
426DA12D-F296-40AD-8AE8-45CB4EFF1CEC.jpeg

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Correct, no North American market models have the top style taillight. They all look similar to the bottom one; SELs with the convenience package get LED (but no fancy accent), and Limiteds get LEDs with the “premium rear accent lighting,” as Hyundai calls it.

View attachment 749
Yeah, that looks really cool actually, starting to have lower trim buyers remorse.

Vegas3416

Reaction score
That accent trim is actually not a tail light I thought. I thought it was just a reflector and when the led tail lights are on the light hits it a certain way to give it that cool effect. I’m almost positive that but maybe I’m wrong. Need to look at mine closer.

Eric2203

Reaction score
That accent trim is actually not a tail light I thought. I thought it was just a reflector and when the led tail lights are on the light hits it a certain way to give it that cool effect. I’m almost positive that but maybe I’m wrong. Need to look at mine closer.
They do light up on the Limited.

stick30

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Limited. As you know it has LED tail lamps but no LED accent trim panel on the liftgate.

I cannot find any instructions on how to safely remove that trim piece to see if there is a harness to power it on the 21 Limited. My assumption is that it could be the same harness powering the Licence plate lights possibly.

anyone try to do this yet?

i found a picture of rear of the piece where it appears to have the female connector.

you can purchase standalone for both r/l.

Lamp Assembly Rear Combination Inside Left-Hand - Hyundai 92403-S8000

Attachments

• 07A0D28D-94BA-420B-BAEA-25169FEFF4B9.jpeg
    07A0D28D-94BA-420B-BAEA-25169FEFF4B9.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 34

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
My limited does not have the outside taillights that light up and it is a Limited.😞
You presumably have a 2021 Limited. That is one of the things that was removed from the Limited to become a Calligraphy exclusive this model year. In the US, so far, only the 2020 Limited and 2021 Calligraphy have this feature.

CEPTech

Reaction score

View attachment 749
I have the 2021 Caligraphy and it has those accent light (Ottawa, Canada)

Attachments

• 20201221_193107.jpg
    20201221_193107.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

nuxguru

Reaction score
I also have 2021 Calligraphy (US) and the same light as CEPTech. The pattern of the light is actually an array of triangles (micro-perforated) which is different from the picture provided by bruesjoh04