Tips on negotiating

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

LisaRX01

Reaction score
Hi all! Looking to buy a palisade. AWD with the options I want I’m looking at $39,500 around. Not sure how much I’ll be able to get it for. Will get $500 first responder discount. What do you think on top of that? I really don’t want to pay more than $35,000. Also looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Would be around the same because most of the things I want come standard in the Jeep. Thoughts?

CVP33

Reaction score
First a few questions:

1) What state are you in?
2) Are you looking for an SE or SEL?
3) Do you not need a 3 row?

Heres something I posted last month for east coasters. Unfortunately the deal from Asheville Hyundai is long gone. He did have 21 units and now has 7. He’s an awesome dealer so really moves a lot of units.

For those on the East Coast who want 8-10% OFF MSRP on SE and SEL I can get the deal done for you if you’d like. No strings, I actually like doing this stuff and it’s super easy over email

Thompson in Baltimore, MD has 17 Palisades.
Crestmont in Brunswick, OH has 9
Don Franklin in Nicholasville, KY has 18
AutoNation in Buford, GA has 14

The best by far though is Hyundai of Asheville, NC. He has 21 units and can’t give away the SE and SEL’s. He won’t deal on Limiteds though and is asking over sticker. Here’s an SEL for 11% OFF MSRP. Hope that helps somebody, if nothing else ask your local dealer to match.

LisaRX01

Reaction score
First a few questions:

Heres something I posted last month for east coasters. Unfortunately the deal from Asheville Hyundai is long gone. He did have 21 units and now has 7. He’s an awesome dealer so really moves a lot of units.

For those on the East Coast who want 8-10% OFF MSRP on SE and SEL I can get the deal done for you if you’d like. No strings, I actually like doing this stuff and it’s super easy over email

The best by far though is Hyundai of Asheville, NC. He has 21 units and can’t give away the SE and SEL’s. He won’t deal on Limiteds though and is asking over sticker. Here’s an SEL for 11% OFF MSRP. Hope that helps somebody, if nothing else ask your local dealer to match.
I’m pretty far from all!! Near Wilkes-Barre, PA. Looking at the SEL AWD with convenience package. Any thoughts? I think the manufacturer quote would be around 40k. They just seem to have the best warranty

SunKing

Reaction score
I don’t know how realistic it would be to get $4K off, but my advice would be to shoot emails out to your local dealers and tell them what you want and where you need to be. I had to go through a few in my area until I found one who could do it. its a popular seller right now so I had a couple that were pretty much MSRP and whatever Hyundai money (plus first responder) that comes off and that’s it. I got mine last day of May and the first responder money was double then to $1K. Last day of the month is always a good time from my experience as you’re more likely to have a sales manager give that little extra push to clear a vehicle. Good luck.

LisaRX01

Reaction score
First a few questions:

also do not absolutely need the third row but want the extra cargo room.

SunKing

Reaction score
also do not absolutely need the third row but want the extra cargo room.
Obviously the Palisade comes with third row seating. An SEL with AWD and the convenience package is going to sticker out around $40k with the freight charges (Hyundai adds like $1100 for this on the sticker). Not to mention whatever dealer fees are involved etc. Im not sure if your $35K is what you’re looking to pay out the door or not, but obviously with TTL you’re most likely not going to land around $35K unless you’re putting money down/trade in equity to get there.

saxman242

Reaction score
Do everything via email. Don't step in the door of the dealership until you have already agreed to a deal and have confirmation in writing.

Take your time to determine your target price and then stick to it. Search wide and far. It's worth exploring within 100-200 miles in each direction.

If that crosses stateliness, be aware that different states have different limitations on dealer doc fees, so a larger discount may get eaten up by higher fees.

CVP33

Reaction score
Do everything via email. Don't step in the door of the dealership until you have already agreed to a deal and have confirmation in writing.

Take your time to determine your target price and then stick to it. Search wide and far. It's worth exploring within 100-200 miles in each direction.

If that crosses stateliness, be aware that different states have different limitations on dealer doc fees, so a larger discount may get eaten up by higher fees.
Now you’re getting it!

CVP33

Reaction score
You're only getting to 15% off post incentive if you fall into a very select group. In my case it was the ability to stack lease incentives, college grad rebates, the Ca tuition incentive, and bonus drive.

I doubt anyone else has gotten anywhere near 15% in an SEL or SE unless they were able to stack the same and got a huge deal.

saxman242

Reaction score
The incentives that applied to my deal and the general negotiating points I posted above are completely unrelated.

Stop crapping on every thread.

CVP33

Reaction score
Still love this one though when you bashed the dealer in Asheville with a 4.6 rating to shill your dealer, Bob Baker. Almost as bad as defending Hyundai while bad-mouthing owners with real problems. You and Eric are really a pair. Can’t be car guys. Car guys don’t treat people like that.

Attachments

saxman242

Reaction score
Still love this one though when you bashed the dealer in Asheville with a 4.6 rating to shill your dealer, Bob Baker.
I didn't shill the dealer I got mine from. I told you who it was when you asked, and even said I didn't love them.

I didn't bash the dealer in Asheville, I pointed out that the pricing they listed was inclusive of incentives that not everyone qualifies for, as well as posted a yelp review to someone specifically discussing their pricing being misleading. You know this, because I spelled it out over and over again, but rather than move on, you continue to be disingenuous.

Neither Eric or I have "bad-mouthed owners with real problems". Stop fabricating your own narrative to make yourself out as some saint.

CVP33

Reaction score
I still think it was funny given your dealer had 1/2 the rating (2.3) of the dealer I was suggesting (4.6) and you searched up a yelp review to make them look bad. Still cracks me up. It’s like hiding the fact that the Hyundai Palisade has 7 times more complaints than a Chevrolet Traverse.

Seriously, you and Eric post the most on here. Don’t you think it’s about time you start using that power for good instead of protecting Hyundai motors. I really feel sorry for you two.

Well anyway, I hope you both had a good Father’s Day and you both stay classy.

saxman242

Reaction score
Don’t you think it’s about time you start using that power for good instead of protecting Hyundai motors.
Let's be honest, I've probably cost Hyundai more money in all the people I've directed to Bonus Drive rebates than they'd like to admit.

Eric2203

Reaction score
I still think it was funny given your dealer had 1/2 the rating (2.3) of the dealer I was suggesting (4.6) and you searched up a yelp review to make them look bad. Still cracks me up. It’s like hiding the fact that the Hyundai Palisade has 7 times more complaints than a Chevrolet Traverse.

Seriously, you and Eric post the most on here. Don’t you think it’s about time you start using that power for good instead of protecting Hyundai motors. I really feel sorry for you two.

Well anyway, I hope you both had a good Father’s Day and you both stay classy.
I think you post the most. To bash Hyundai. You actually have more posts than I do.

By the way, I got a free long block out of them and a lifetime warranty on it at 118K miles for my 2012 Sonata. I’m at 171K miles now. Trust me, I have cost them money.

And by the way, you keep saying you have a signed NDA with Hyundai after they bought back your Palisade. You claim you had to take down your wind noise video. Aren’t you violating this NDA by constantly bashing them on here? Should be pretty easy for them to identify a poster from Oak Ridge, NC whose Palisade they had to buy back...

CVP33

Reaction score
Anything prior to May 12th is fair game. I cannot confirm or deny any issues related to a 2020 Hyundai Palisade that is still in my name and that I am making payments on or the resolution of said vehicle.

I can however urge you and others to start working together if you want your Hyundai Palisade to ever be fixed properly with no wind noise, no cracking windshields and automatic wipers that work properly and HVAC screens that don’t scratch and seat rails that don’t squeal and window switches and door locks that stop working and blind spot warning systems that give false alarms.........or you could keep arguing with me and watch your resale become a distant memory. It’s really your choice. Again, why don’t you two use your posts for good.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Anything prior to May 12th is fair game. I cannot confirm or deny any issues related to a 2020 Hyundai Palisade that is still in my name and that I am making payments on or the resolution of said vehicle.

I can however urge you and others to start working together if you want your Hyundai Palisade to ever be fixed properly with no wind noise, no cracking windshields and automatic wipers that work properly and HVAC screens that don’t scratch and seat rails that don’t squeal and window switches and door locks that stop working and blind spot warning systems that give false alarms.........or you could keep arguing with me and watch your resale become a distant memory. It’s really your choice. Again, why don’t you two use your posts for good.
I have zero issues on my car. And my posts have helped many.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!