Traffic and Weather alerts not working-

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Canuck Ottawa

Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa also. Before the latest FREE map update, the only HD stations in Ottawa that fed weather were FM Majic 100 and AM 580 (there may be a French feed also...do a google search). If you do the free update, you replace the HD feed with Foreca weather, which is VASTLY superior! It takes a few seconds to pop on after you start the car, as it feeds through Bluelink (I think).

P&L

Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa also. Before the latest FREE map update, the only HD stations in Ottawa that fed weather were FM Majic 100 and AM 580 (there may be a French feed also...do a google search). If you do the free update, you replace the HD feed with Foreca weather, which is VASTLY superior! It takes a few seconds to pop on after you start the car, as it feeds through Bluelink (I think).
Thanks. I guess I’ll have to do the update. Given we just took delivery last Friday you’d think it would have the latest updates. It’s not like these vehicles sit on the dealer lot very long. I’ll explore the update and report back! Thanks so much!!!!

Canuck Ottawa

Reaction score
You may be surprised. Check the build date on the plate on the driver's door frame! When I bought in April there were at least 20 Palisades at the various dealers. All had been there since February. Mine was built January 9.

P&L

Reaction score
Thanks. You are right, my build is May 2020. And I checked my version and sure enough, I need the update. Unfortunately I can not down load the update. I created an account and everything was fine, but when I check for updates the website shows the latest version, but at the bottom it says no updates are available - so I can not order/download. I see Aug 25th Hyundai opens a new website and way to download. I will try later in the week and report back. Thanks for the assistance!

Popeye

Reaction score
Would Hyundai turn off the ability to download updates close to the release of a newer one so that people will only have the newer one and not have to download twice?

Eric2203

Reaction score
Would Hyundai turn off the ability to download updates close to the release of a newer one so that people will only have the newer one and not have to download twice?
It’s probably to avoid having to issue refunds to those to order it on USB drives right before the new one comes out.

P&L

Reaction score
So i tried to download the update.....FAQ says works with MAC and Windows operating systems, not iOS. Well, the download seems to only work with Windows? i can't find a way to download to my MAC. Anyone else having this issue?