User settings

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

bethstrother

Reaction score
I’m trying to turn off my occupancy alert when I have my dog in the car. (And to be clear only when the weather is appropriate). I was told to go to user settings. I can’t find user settings so I was told to use the reset button and I did that but still no user settings. Can someone help please 😐

Eric2203

Reaction score
I’m trying to turn off my occupancy alert when I have my dog in the car. (And to be clear only when the weather is appropriate). I was told to go to user settings. I can’t find user settings so I was told to use the reset button and I did that but still no user settings. Can someone help please 😐
If you have the large infotainment system with navigation, that's where you turn it off, under Vehicle Settings, Convenience. Page 9-13 of the infotainment manual:

1605031216341.png

bethstrother

Reaction score
If you have the large infotainment system with navigation, that's where you turn it off, under Vehicle Settings, Convenience. Page 9-13 of the infotainment manual:

View attachment 1610
I appreciate all the help on here but the problem is that I can’t get to vehicle settings. I can read the manuals I hear what you are saying. If I could just find vehicle settings and fine the above picture on my car 😩. I have a 2020 fully loaded limited Hyundai Palisade. It has the rear passenger alert. There’s got to be a way to turn it off if you have pets in the car. I have a call into the dealer. He’s looking into it. I do appreciate you trying to help, thank you!

bethstrother

Reaction score
I appreciate all the help on here but the problem is that I can’t get to vehicle settings. I can read the manuals I hear what you are saying. If I could just find vehicle settings and fine the above picture on my car 😩. I have a 2020 fully loaded limited Hyundai Palisade. It has the rear passenger alert. There’s got to be a way to turn it off if you have pets in the car. I have a call into the dealer. He’s looking into it. I do appreciate you trying to help, thank you!
Okay just an FYI to you who tried to help me. The dealer just called and to disable rear occupant alert, when alert shows up on dash you push okay on steering wheel and it disables until next start up.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Okay just an FYI to you who tried to help me. The dealer just called and to disable rear occupant alert, when alert shows up on dash you push okay on steering wheel and it disables until next start up.
That will just snooze it on a case-by-case basis. If you want to disable it for good, as shown in post 6, hit the setup hard button on your dash, then choose vehicle, then convenience.

bethstrother

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by “setup hard button”. This is what I get when I hit setup:

I’m really okay with just snoozing it as I do have grandchildren and if I did leave my dogs by accident it’s an excellent feature. But now I’m curious as to why I’m not seeing the same information you all are seeing.

Attachments

• 68895425-8CCA-41D7-8941-D6A5D0FD4971.jpeg
    68895425-8CCA-41D7-8941-D6A5D0FD4971.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 15
  • 404B4699-CDF5-464F-B691-6389095E20D1.jpeg
    404B4699-CDF5-464F-B691-6389095E20D1.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 431CD50D-D637-4D4D-8F99-3CA5FCE0E4AB.jpeg
    431CD50D-D637-4D4D-8F99-3CA5FCE0E4AB.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 14
  • A141E5F1-51D3-4D1A-87BC-C96EEF4CCF9C.jpeg
    A141E5F1-51D3-4D1A-87BC-C96EEF4CCF9C.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 15

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Not sure what you mean by “setup hard button”. This is what I get when I hit setup:

I’m really okay with just snoozing it as I do have grandchildren and if I did leave my dogs by accident it’s an excellent feature. But now I’m curious as to why I’m not seeing the same information you all are seeing.
You’re so close.

This is the setup hard button. 762B847B-DF52-4A4B-8981-5972E776DA70.jpeg

Then go to vehicle.
E38500E7-ED30-426A-BB83-CC3C73CBE551.jpeg

Then scroll down this column to find convenience.
1E7978CF-DCCC-434C-8C2F-2E0C6E5D4620.jpeg

Once you’ve done all that, you should see a screen like post 6 above.

bethstrother

Reaction score
You’re so close.

This is the setup hard button. View attachment 1615

Then go to vehicle.
View attachment 1617

Then scroll down this column to find convenience.
View attachment 1616

Once you’ve done all that, you should see a screen like post 6 above.
Well now that my husband and I are done laughing 😂. I had no idea I could scroll on this thing. Thank you so much for teaching me something new today. I finally thanks to your pictures found it!! 😁

Kirpiggy

Reaction score

On the row of silver buttons, select "settings". Up on the screen, choose "vehicle." On the next screen there will be a column on the left-hand side. In that column, scroll down until you see "convenience." Touch "convenience and the option for "rear occupancy alert" will appear in the screen on the right-hand side." I have turned my off for the very same reason.

saylormd

Reaction score
On the row of silver buttons, select "settings". Up on the screen, choose "vehicle." On the next screen there will be a column on the left-hand side. In that column, scroll down until you see "convenience." Touch "convenience and the option for "rear occupancy alert" will appear in the screen on the right-hand side." I have turned my off for the very same reason.
Thanks. This info is hard to find in the manual or not in the manual!

G

G-70042

So I continually get the rear occupancy alert, but there is no convenience tab under vehicle settings?

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
So I continually get the rear occupancy alert, but there is no convenience tab under vehicle settings?
If you have a Limited or Calligraphy, it’s as described above. If not, then you access this setting in your instrument cluster (via your steering wheel). Look for convenience under user settings there.