Very Impressed

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

jondyer

Reaction score
I wanted to share an interesting conversation I had this last weekend with the forum.

First a little backstory, I was going to buy a Telluride for my wife but the waiting list was ridiculously long, so we bought a black Limited instead. We've had it a few months and I drive it every once in a while.

Now, last weekend we decided to go over to Palm Beach island to look at the waves and drive around a bit. We were sitting at a traffic light when an older, nicely dressed gentleman ran up and started waving frantically at us. Confused, my wife rolled the window down to ask him if everything was okay. He breathlessly asked what kind of vehicle we were in and we told him it was a Hyundai. He took a step back, whistled and remarked at what a nice ride it was.

This would not normally be noteworthy, but that sort of thing usually does not happen over there. That place is littered with Bentleys and Mclarens and such. I am pretty sure we had the only Palisade there, and probably the only Hyundai on that part of the island.

Needless to say I have gained serious points with the wife since I am the one who convinced her that this was a good vehicle.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to share an interesting conversation I had this last weekend with the forum.

First a little backstory, I was going to buy a Telluride for my wife but the waiting list was ridiculously long, so we bought a black Limited instead. We've had it a few months and I drive it every once in a while.

Now, last weekend we decided to go over to Palm Beach island to look at the waves and drive around a bit. We were sitting at a traffic light when an older, nicely dressed gentleman ran up and started waving frantically at us. Confused, my wife rolled the window down to ask him if everything was okay. He breathlessly asked what kind of vehicle we were in and we told him it was a Hyundai. He took a step back, whistled and remarked at what a nice ride it was.

This would not normally be noteworthy, but that sort of thing usually does not happen over there. That place is littered with Bentleys and Mclarens and such. I am pretty sure we had the only Palisade there, and probably the only Hyundai on that part of the island.

Needless to say I have gained serious points with the wife since I am the one who convinced her that this was a good vehicle.
Hey, that's pretty cool! I know what you mean about the area. Heck, there's Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren all on Okeechobee Boulevard. Not to mention Rolls Royce, Porsche - I think there may be a Bentley dealer as well... Do you still have your Hyundai badges on the vehicle? If not, that surely adds to the mystique. I'm seeing more and more Palisades around here - but they're still rare...

jondyer

Reaction score
Hey, that's pretty cool! I know what you mean about the area. Heck, there's Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren all on Okeechobee Boulevard. Not to mention Rolls Royce, Porsche - I think there may be a Bentley dealer as well... Do you still have your Hyundai badges on the vehicle? If not, that surely adds to the mystique. I'm seeing more and more Palisades around here - but they're still rare...
Yeah I still have all the badges, the only thing I am doing is getting ceramic tint all the way around, then I will coat it once the new paint has outgassed and it stops raining every night.

jondyer

Reaction score
What do you mean by “coat it”?
I mean that I am going to devote an entire weekend putting a ceramic coat on it.

I coated my other car and it's pretty easy to do but this thing is too big to do in one day, by yourself.

Mickey

Reaction score
I mean that I am going to devote an entire weekend putting a ceramic coat on it.

I coated my other car and it's pretty easy to do but this thing is too big to do in one day, by yourself.
What ceramic product do you use and how long does it last? Thanks!

jondyer

Reaction score
I use McKee's 37 on my cars. https://www.mckees37.com/ceramic-coatings.html# I coated my Stinger over a year ago and it is still holding up very well. Doing it yourself is pretty easy and the (I think) $200 I spent on wash, clay bar, iron remover and ceramic coating plus the half a day certainly beats the over $2000 I was quoted to have someone do it for me.

I like them because they are in FL and there are considerations to be taken when dealing with cars here where the sun is pretty harsh.

Gary

Reaction score
What is ceramic tint? I see Meguires and Mothers have a ceramic coating. Is this in the same class of what you use?

jondyer

Reaction score
Nope, ceramic tint is a special kind of window film that has ceramic nano tubes in it.

It essentially keeps the car MUCH cooler than regular tint. The other benefit is that if you use a "regular" tint, sometimes odd things will happen like, your phone won't get as good a signal in the car since the regular tint has metal in it and *can* act like a faraday cage to block external signals.

I use it to keep my car cool since I hate talking to people anyway and I don't really care if my phone works in the car. :)

I put ceramic on my last few cars. The difference it very noticable.

and

A long time ago I was a wireless propagation engineer. You'd be surprised how things like window tint (and your head) can affect mobile calls.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!