• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Palisade owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Vibration at 65 mph 2022 Paliside

Dandyhand

Reaction score
Except that nothing you say is backed by real data.

The Palisade launched in late 2018 in South Korea and in June 2019 in the US, According to this press release: https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/2878, 13,457 Palisades have been sold in the US between June 2019 and end of September 2019 (this TSB came out in October). That is not 10s of thousands of cars at all. This was barely the beginning of Palisade.

According to this website: https://lb-aps-frontend.statista.co...hyundai-palisade-monthly-registration-number/, you can estimate about ~20K Palisades were sold in Korea between April 2019 (when the TSB says the problem started) and late summer 2019. The TSB says the problem doesn’t apply on cars built after July 2019, but it takes some time for vehicles to make their way to customers. That’s still not a huge amount of cars.

And when you consider than only AWD models are affected, that’s even less cars to consider. So where are your tens of thousands of cars?

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea what triggered this TSB. You have no more visibility into what goes on at Hyundai and what complaints they receive than I do.

There were no complaints about this online before the TSB came out. I know because mine was built in July 2019, in the affected range, is AWD, and I looked into it at the time. And by the way, I’ve never experienced this on mine, despite being in the affected range.

You also have no data backing up those claims that scores of people are affected by this. There is no data that supports this. Certainly not on this forum. There are in fact metrics (Consumer Reports, JD Powers) showing that owners are generally happy with the reliability of this car. It’s not the most reliable car ever made in the history of humanity, but it’s very far from the worst.

It sucks you got a bad one, but it does happen and it doesn’t mean all Palisades are bad. It’s a mass-market product. Things will go wrong. No manufacturer has managed to escape this. They all try to minimize bad products from getting out, but it will happen. It’s impossible to avoid and anyone who’s ever been involved in mass manufacturing, and not just in the automotive industry, will tell you that. You have no evidence of maliciousness on Hyundai’s part or that they’re knowingly selling a bad product. It’s always fun to come up with conspiracy theories like that, but by and large, companies and employees do try do to their job right…

I also own a 2012 Hyundai with the Theta II engine that had has multiple recalls and a class action against it, due to design issues. I have plenty of reasons to bash them for this, but at the end of the day, I’m on my second motor, free of charge, and I have a lifetime warranty on the motor. I can’t exactly complain, and now I have every reason to drive that car until the wheels literally fall off.

There is a simple resolution to your problem called lemon law. It’s free to use a lawyer for lemon law purposes in every state (manufacturers pay the cost regardless of the outcome). If they can’t find a fix after multiple attempts, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get denied. Either way, call a lawyer and move on with your life.
Purporting about what others know or don’t know, and what they should do with their life, does not make for a good discussion. I am sorry you feel my knowledge and experience equate to “conspiracy theories“. For the record, I never accused Hyundai of “maliciousness“, or that “all Palisades are bad” - those are your own whipped-up words. Moving on…

As a disclosure, I used to develop and write service bulletins for Navistar International, provide field fleet failure analysis for various busing companies, worked quality control for Ford Motor Co (Mustang), and have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Tens of thousands of Palisades were in fact manufactured prior to the vibration TSB (issued October 2019). Your argument only includes sales figures (which alone are enough to support my comment). Think vehicles manufactured, including thousands of vehicles made during that time sitting at shipping and holding yards, dealer lots, or production facilities, etc...vehicles manufactured during the applicable date, but sold later.

Additionally, it cannot be ignored that tens of thousands of Telluride’s were manufactured, which use the EXACT same defective driveshaft, coupler, and design geometry, from the EXACT same component production facility in Korea. Complaints of the EXACT vibration problem by those owners flooded dealers and the internet at what I would consider a much larger scale than our Palisades. You should go over to the Palisade’s sister Telluride forum and check it out. In fact, Kia was authorizing their Telluride dealers to use the Palisade‘s TSB for the fix. So if you want to split hairs and look at the head of the snake, there is no doubt tens of thousands of these driveshafts and couplers were manufactured prior to the TSB. I’m not sure why you would want to deny that?

The point, which is being distracted, is that this vibration problem STILL continues on today…it’s alive right now on brand new vehicles like mine and the fella‘s who just posted. It is a problem that has trended since production on 2019’s, ‘20’s,’21’s, and ‘22’s. Hyundai knows it. They told me. And they told me to wait until March when revised parts are distributed. Kick the can down the road?…Proof will be in the pudding.

Yes, there were complaints both on-line and at dealers before the TSB. My discussions with Hyundai Motors USA, their reps, multiple dealer‘s service departments, and even simple internet searches prove that. And yes, according to my conversations with Hyundai, those numerous complaints created a trending, unanticipated problem that triggered the TSB. It did not create itself out of thin air. You are welcome to show otherwise.

The reality is this is not an uncommon, oddball issue as you try to portray. So yes, scores of owners have been affected by this vibration problem (thus the TSB) and continue to be. Not sure why you would imply otherwise? Here we are three years later and new buyers are still complaining about their vibration, and even test driving several in order to avoid a vibrator. That’s crazy.

Eric2203, the Lemon Law procedure is an alternative, and several owners have done it for this exact vibration problem. But it would be a disservice to call it “simple”. I have been through that. It takes lots of time, money, effort, and headache. So be prepared for an undeserving fight. It would be much more responsible for Hyundai to do the right thing by addressing and fixing the problem. But that will never happen as long as people defend and downplay the significance of it, lowering expectations, and condoning Hyundai for not taking responsibility. I get that you love your Palisade, and I’m happy for you. However please understand, that is not the case for many others who have this ongoing, unbearable vibration issue ruining every drive…all as Hyundai keeps stamping them out. This thread is about the vibration problem and how to resolve it. The discussion may not always be happy and rosy. Maybe you can accept that and, like you told me, “move on with your life”.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Moving on…
Hey, you shouldn't waste your time engaging that guy. Many of us ignored him a long time ago, and don't see any of his posts. Just wanted to let you know you could do the same :). Just point your mouse to his name, wait for a window to pop up, and choose 'ignore' at the bottom left of it. Hope this helps. Good day.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Purporting about what others know or don’t know, and what they should do with their life, does not make for a good discussion. I am sorry you feel my knowledge and experience equate to “conspiracy theories“. For the record, I never accused Hyundai of “maliciousness“, or that “all Palisades are bad” - those are your own whipped-up words. Moving on…

As a disclosure, I used to develop and write service bulletins for Navistar International, provide field fleet failure analysis for various busing companies, worked quality control for Ford Motor Co (Mustang), and have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Tens of thousands of Palisades were in fact manufactured prior to the vibration TSB (issued October 2019). Your argument only includes sales figures (which alone are enough to support my comment). Think vehicles manufactured, including thousands of vehicles made during that time sitting at shipping and holding yards, dealer lots, or production facilities, etc...vehicles manufactured during the applicable date, but sold later.

Additionally, it cannot be ignored that tens of thousands of Telluride’s were manufactured, which use the EXACT same defective driveshaft, coupler, and design geometry, from the EXACT same component production facility in Korea. Complaints of the EXACT vibration problem by those owners flooded dealers and the internet at what I would consider a much larger scale than our Palisades. You should go over to the Palisade’s sister Telluride forum and check it out. In fact, Kia was authorizing their Telluride dealers to use the Palisade‘s TSB for the fix. So if you want to split hairs and look at the head of the snake, there is no doubt tens of thousands of these driveshafts and couplers were manufactured prior to the TSB. I’m not sure why you would want to deny that?

The point, which is being distracted, is that this vibration problem STILL continues on today…it’s alive right now on brand new vehicles like mine and the fella‘s who just posted. It is a problem that has trended since production on 2019’s, ‘20’s,’21’s, and ‘22’s. Hyundai knows it. They told me. And they told me to wait until March when revised parts are distributed. Kick the can down the road?…Proof will be in the pudding.

Yes, there were complaints both on-line and at dealers before the TSB. My discussions with Hyundai Motors USA, their reps, multiple dealer‘s service departments, and even simple internet searches prove that. And yes, according to my conversations with Hyundai, those numerous complaints created a trending, unanticipated problem that triggered the TSB. It did not create itself out of thin air. You are welcome to show otherwise.

The reality is this is not an uncommon, oddball issue as you try to portray. So yes, scores of owners have been affected by this vibration problem (thus the TSB) and continue to be. Not sure why you would imply otherwise? Here we are three years later and new buyers are still complaining about their vibration, and even test driving several in order to avoid a vibrator. That’s crazy.

Eric2203, the Lemon Law procedure is an alternative, and several owners have done it for this exact vibration problem. But it would be a disservice to call it “simple”. I have been through that. It takes lots of time, money, effort, and headache. So be prepared for an undeserving fight. It would be much more responsible for Hyundai to do the right thing by addressing and fixing the problem. But that will never happen as long as people defend and downplay the significance of it, lowering expectations, and condoning Hyundai for not taking responsibility. I get that you love your Palisade, and I’m happy for you. However please understand, that is not the case for many others who have this ongoing, unbearable vibration issue ruining every drive…all as Hyundai keeps stamping them out. This thread is about the vibration problem and how to resolve it. The discussion may not always be happy and rosy. Maybe you can accept that and, like you told me, “move on with your life”.
What does it matter if they were built and not sold? Your point was that the TSB was created because of customer complaints. That would imply that the cars were sold. Nobody’s reporting issues on cars that aren’t yet sold. And you don’t know how many were AWD.

No, there weren’t complaints about this online when the TSB was issued. As I said, I checked. I was an owner by then and affected by the TSB. I’m sure dealers did have complaints, but that’s not public information, so there’s no way for you to know about it.

And no Hyundai didn’t tell you they know about this. Your dealer did. He doesn’t work for Hyundai and likely was telling you what you want to hear. Besides, it makes no sense to come out with a new part on this car when the refresh is just around the corner (it’s a matter of months).

I’m not disputing the fact that you have an issue. I’m disputing the extent of it. You have no idea and postings on a forum don’t mean anything. Hyundai has sold ~200K Palisades in the US alone. This forum only has a few thousands registered users and really only a few dozens active posters. And people tend to post when they have issues, not when everything’s fine. Activity on a forum gives you absolutely no clue as to the extent of a problem.

You posted and I quote: “Hyundai continues to take advantage of buyers (they know they are continuing to sell Palisades with this problem)”. That is accusing them of malice, which you do with absolutely no evidence.

You have a lemon, so use the resources available to you. It’s tiresome to see posts immediately jumping to conspiracy theories because people don’t get their way right away. Talk about your issue by all means but stop the nonsense about how big of an issue it is or how Hyundai is willingly shipping bad product. It’s utter nonsense.

Hey, you shouldn't waste your time engaging that guy. Many of us ignored him a long time ago, and don't see any of his posts. Just wanted to let you know you could do the same :). Just point your mouse to his name, wait for a window to pop up, and choose 'ignore' at the bottom left of it. Hope this helps. Good day.
That’s rich coming from the guy who thinks Palisade have the digital key entry in Korea (they don’t), that the car comes with a brake controller (it’s only pre-wired), that removing an engine cover cools it faster (it doesn’t), that the front camera isn’t used for pedestrian/cyclist recognition (it is), and who was convinced until very recently that the motor didn’t have variable valve timing on the exhaust side.

Meanwhile, the reaction score under my user name speaks for itself.

Last edited:

SadieCowboy

Reaction score
Sold my beautiful 21 moonlight cloud/beige limited because of 63-73 mph vibration. Was going to buy a different brand but like idiot fell in love with a burgundy 22 calligraphy. Yup a few thousand miles later it vibrates at same speeds. Can’t fix this one either. So I just put up with it as self punishment for being stupid twice. :unsure:

elp_jc

Reaction score
I like your humor. Ha ha. That reminded me when I punished myself for getting momentarily distracted attaching a radar detector to the windshield, right where there's an abutment in the middle of the street that doesn't even allow 2 cars to pass at the same time, and BAM!, hit it when I moved a few inches to the right. Cost me over 4 grand initially, but car was never the same, so lost even more to sell it. And it was a great car. At least I never did that again. Ha ha.

Anyway, may I ask you if you didn't notice that during the test ride? It's really strange that some units start acting up later on; makes no mechanical sense to me. Many owners just don't drive it fast enough to notice initially, but I'm sure that wasn't the case with you. To end on a positive note, read somewhere else that Hyundai supposedly has a real fix coming out very soon, so don't despair :). Take care.

Dandyhand

Reaction score
What does it matter if they were built and not sold? Your point was that the TSB was created because of customer complaints. That would imply that the cars were sold. Nobody’s reporting issues on cars that aren’t yet sold. And you don’t know how many were AWD.

No, there weren’t complaints about this online when the TSB was issued. As I said, I checked. I was an owner by then and affected by the TSB. I’m sure dealers did have complaints, but that’s not public information, so there’s no way for you to know about it.

And no Hyundai didn’t tell you they know about this. Your dealer did. He doesn’t work for Hyundai and likely was telling you what you want to hear. Besides, it makes no sense to come out with a new part on this car when the refresh is just around the corner (it’s a matter of months).

I’m not disputing the fact that you have an issue. I’m disputing the extent of it. You have no idea and postings on a forum don’t mean anything. Hyundai has sold ~200K Palisades in the US alone. This forum only has a few thousands registered users and really only a few dozens active posters. And people tend to post when they have issues, not when everything’s fine. Activity on a forum gives you absolutely no clue as to the extent of a problem.

You posted and I quote: “Hyundai continues to take advantage of buyers (they know they are continuing to sell Palisades with this problem)”. That is accusing them of malice, which you do with absolutely no evidence.

You have a lemon, so use the resources available to you. It’s tiresome to see posts immediately jumping to conspiracy theories because people don’t get their way right away. Talk about your issue by all means but stop the nonsense about how big of an issue it is or how Hyundai is willingly shipping bad product. It’s utter nonsense.

That’s rich coming from the guy who thinks Palisade have the digital key entry in Korea (they don’t), that the car comes with a brake controller (it’s only pre-wired), that removing an engine cover cools it faster (it doesn’t), that the front camera isn’t used for pedestrian/cyclist recognition (it is), and who was convinced until very recently that the motor didn’t have variable valve timing on the exhaust side.

Meanwhile, the reaction score under my user name speaks for itself.
Just a tip: Your discussion might be more productive if you stop telling people what they know, what you think Hyundai has told them, and what evidence you think they have.

As for your “malice” accusation, Hyundai has told me (and others) they are aware of the ongoing vibration problem…all while they continue to sell the vehicles to unsuspecting buyers (there are six of us in this thread alone). So yes, I would call that “taking advantage” - at least that’s what it feels like. If you want to make a twisted leap to “malice”, that’s on you.

To answer your question, in this case “built or sold” only matters if you want to split hairs, downplay the problem, and erroneously argue against what generated the TSB, as you have. As a quality control engineer who actually developed and wrote TSB’s for Navistar International, I can tell you with confidence that your premise about too few Palisades, complaints, and repairs to trigger the TSB, is completely ill-informed. Much smaller trends than you try to establish here can easily indicate a large, unexpected problem.

Not sure where you get the idea there were no complaints before the Oct 2019 TSB, or that people don’t know about them? I did a 2 minute search online and found several example. Just because YOU don’t have knowledge of complaints, doesn’t mean others don’t, or that those complaints don’t exist.

August 3, 2019 - Carcomplaints.com: “…at highway speeds (64-75) there was a severe vibration with low frequency rumbling”

September 11, 2019 - Cars.com: “Vibration and hum at speeds of 64 to 75 on the highway. Defect is on many of the AWD models.“

August 9, 2019 - palisadeforums.org: “low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats.”

August 29,2019 - palisadeforums.org: “I have been reading over the last few weeks of the very similar problems that some people are having with either pedal vibration or vibration/rumble issues between the speeds of 60 to 70 mph. Some of this has finally been narrowed down to drive shaft issues.“

How exactly do YOU know what Hyundai and my dealer have told me? Were you there? Was that you on the phone? 🤣 Sorry, I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but Hyundai does in fact know about this and they have been quite candid with me. So have my dealers, technicians, reps, etc. If they are secretly withholding, please do tell what??

Unfortunately I have to strongly disagree with you about the internet forums giving no clue to problems. There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about this vibration problem, much of it helpful, informative, and resourceful.

No, I don’t have a lemon. I have a very nice vehicle with (hopefully) a fixable problem. Like many others here, I bought it with Hyundai‘s awareness of the ongoing vibration issue. I know this because Hyundai candidly divulged to me that they are working on a fix. This on a ‘22 - years after the initial TSB. ”Conspiracy theories” and “utter nonsense” need not apply.

BTW, if it’s “tiresome” for you to see these posts, maybe just don’t read them? Just in case, I’m going to block your posts as other more seasoned members here have done. You‘re a little too argumentative, personal, and unproductive for me.

Last edited:

Dandyhand

Reaction score
Anyway, may I ask you if you didn't notice that during the test ride?
Not sure about SadieCowboy, but in my case I test drove on interstate at high speeds before signing. Vibration showed up soon after. Maybe it was there all along and roads/speed hid it?

Last edited:

Eric2203

Reaction score
Just a tip: Your discussion might be more productive if you stop telling people what they know, what you think Hyundai has told them, and what evidence you think they have.

As for your “malice” accusation, Hyundai has told me (and others) they are aware of the ongoing vibration problem…all while they continue to sell the vehicles to unsuspecting buyers (there are six of us in this thread alone). So yes, I would call that “taking advantage” - at least that’s what it feels like. If you want to make a twisted leap to “malice”, that’s on you.

To answer your question, in this case “built or sold” only matters if you want to split hairs, downplay the problem, and erroneously argue against what generated the TSB, as you have. As a quality control engineer who actually developed and wrote TSB’s for Navistar International, I can tell you with confidence that your premise about too few Palisades, complaints, and repairs to trigger the TSB, is completely ill-informed. Much smaller trends than you try to establish here can easily indicate a large, unexpected problem.

Not sure where you get the idea there were no complaints before the Oct 2019 TSB, or that people don’t know about them? I did a 2 minute search online and found several example. Just because YOU don’t have knowledge of complaints, doesn’t mean others don’t, or that those complaints don’t exist.

August 3, 2019 - Carcomplaints.com: “…at highway speeds (64-75) there was a severe vibration with low frequency rumbling”

September 11, 2019 - Cars.com: “Vibration and hum at speeds of 64 to 75 on the highway. Defect is on many of the AWD models.“

August 9, 2019 - palisadeforums.org: “low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats.”

August 29,2019 - palisadeforums.org: “I have been reading over the last few weeks of the very similar problems that some people are having with either pedal vibration or vibration/rumble issues between the speeds of 60 to 70 mph. Some of this has finally been narrowed down to drive shaft issues.“

How exactly do YOU know what Hyundai and my dealer have told me? Were you there? Was that you on the phone? 🤣 Sorry, I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but Hyundai does in fact know about this and they have been quite candid with me. So have my dealers, technicians, reps, etc. If they are secretly withholding, please do tell what??

Unfortunately I have to strongly disagree with you about the internet forums giving no clue to problems. There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about this vibration problem, much of it helpful, informative, and resourceful.

No, I don’t have a lemon. I have a very nice vehicle with (hopefully) a fixable problem. Like many others here, I bought it with Hyundai‘s awareness of the ongoing vibration issue. I know this because Hyundai candidly divulged to me that they are working on a fix. This on a ‘22 - years after the initial TSB. ”Conspiracy theories” and “utter nonsense” need not apply.

BTW, if it’s “tiresome” for you to see these posts, maybe just don’t read them? Just in case, I’m going to block your posts as other more seasoned members here have done. You‘re a little too argumentative, personal, and unproductive for me.
Right, so when you don't get your way, apparently the logical reaction is to claim conspiracy theory and that Hyundai is knowingly selling bad products.... :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes I wonder if you people live in the real world... The idea that somehow everyone at a company is in on a conspiracy to sell bad products and somehow nobody found out about it is ludicrous. Yet somehow your dealer still managed to "hear" about bad parts? You see the contradiction here?

And oh by the way, you did say your dealer "heard" that they were replacing the parts soon. That's in one of your posts earlier in this thread, so I didn't need to be there to hear it. That's not Hyundai telling you...

Cars sold or built isn't splitting hair. It's very relevant since your main point is that they somehow had a ton of complaints resulting in the TSB. You can't have complaints from cars not yet sold...

You still offer no evidence for what you state. No, forums post don't count (from now or back in 2019). And no, there aren't "hundreds" of them. All of a forum does is tell you what the issues are, not how widespread they are.

Block me all you want, I can still respond. And I'm more seasoned than most on this forum...

I don't understand why you people can't talk about your issues without immediately jumping to "it's a conspiracy", "they do it on purpose", "they're out to get me". There's a complete lack of common sense or ability to keep things in perspective. It's astonishing...

elp_jc

Reaction score
Absolutely possible. And I've experienced that kind of vibration even on my FWD Pali on certain roads, so I see how it'd be hard to pass on a vehicle you want just for that, when it could very well be just the roads. But even more infuriating would be to not feel anything, and shortly after purchase it materializes. I'd be absolutely pissed, even if mine was the only one. But finding out it's been happening for years would be even more maddening. Plus not only disappointing that your brand new vehicle has to be messed with for who knows how many times, but due to the current situation, it might take weeks or months to get an appointment. And after you get that appointment, dealers start with the freaking wheels, knowing that hasn't solved a single case. And then wait more weeks/months for the next step. Infuriating indeed. I really feel for those with the problem. Really hope Hyundai comes up with a fix, and quickly. Best of luck.

SadieCowboy

Reaction score
Right, so when you don't get your way, apparently the logical reaction is to claim conspiracy theory and that Hyundai is knowingly selling bad products.... :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes I wonder if you people live in the real world... The idea that somehow everyone at a company is in on a conspiracy to sell bad products and somehow nobody found out about it is ludicrous. Yet somehow your dealer still managed to "hear" about bad parts? You see the contradiction here?

And oh by the way, you did say your dealer "heard" that they were replacing the parts soon. That's in one of your posts earlier in this thread, so I didn't need to be there to hear it. That's not Hyundai telling you...

Cars sold or built isn't splitting hair. It's very relevant since your main point is that they somehow had a ton of complaints resulting in the TSB. You can't have complaints from cars not yet sold...

You still offer no evidence for what you state. No, forums post don't count (from now or back in 2019). And no, there aren't "hundreds" of them. All of a forum does is tell you what the issues are, not how widespread they are.

Block me all you want, I can still respond. And I'm more seasoned than most on this forum...

I don't understand why you people can't talk about your issues without immediately jumping to "it's a conspiracy", "they do it on purpose", "they're out to get me". There's a complete lack of common sense or ability to keep things in perspective. It's astonishing...
That there is some loose lug nuts o_O(n)

Dandyhand

Reaction score

NOBODY here has said ANY of those things you’ve falsely claimed or quoted above.

So you need more evidence? NHTSA complaints #11253599 and #11244752 are just more examples of on-line complaints prior to issuance of the Oct 2019 TSB. More proof that your statement, claiming there were no complaints online when the TSB was issued, is completely false. In an obvious effort to downplay the problem, of course you don’t want to count the complaints on these forums. Only the stuff you post counts, right?

Yes, I was told by both Hyundai and my dealer that they are aware of the vibration problem, and to wait because revised parts would be distributed in March. I also said the proof will be in the pudding. So what’s your point? To once again tell me you know what Hyundai told me, even though you weren’t there?

The relevance of your argument about too few vehicles and complaints to generat a TSB is not only unsubstantiated hogwash, but it is moot. See, it does not take large numbers of cars sold, or complaints and repairs, to trigger a TSB. Nor does it need to be “widespread” or numerous, particularly in early production. Fight over the numbers all you want. Small samples with consistency and trend can easily identify a much larger problem.

Since you missed it, my main point was not that “a ton of complaints resulted in the TSB” (those are your own words). My point was that your statement implying there were too few vehicles and complaints to generate the TSB, is erroneous and unsubstantiated. Apparently injected to downplay the problem.

Eric2203, how about you stop with the emotional hyperbole. Maybe provide some information and support for all the victims of this problem? We really would like Hyundai to provide some long-overdue resolve.

Eric2203

Reaction score
NOBODY here has said ANY of those things you’ve falsely claimed or quoted above.

So you need more evidence? NHTSA complaints #11253599 and #11244752 are just more examples of on-line complaints prior to issuance of the Oct 2019 TSB. More proof that your statement, claiming there were no complaints online when the TSB was issued, is completely false. In an obvious effort to downplay the problem, of course you don’t want to count the complaints on these forums. Only the stuff you post counts, right?

Yes, I was told by both Hyundai and my dealer that they are aware of the vibration problem, and to wait because revised parts would be distributed in March. I also said the proof will be in the pudding. So what’s your point? To once again tell me you know what Hyundai told me, even though you weren’t there?

The relevance of your argument about too few vehicles and complaints to generat a TSB is not only unsubstantiated hogwash, but it is moot. See, it does not take large numbers of cars sold, or complaints and repairs, to trigger a TSB. Nor does it need to be “widespread” or numerous, particularly in early production. Fight over the numbers all you want. Small samples with consistency and trend can easily identify a much larger problem.

Since you missed it, my main point was not that “a ton of complaints resulted in the TSB” (those are your own words). My point was that your statement implying there were too few vehicles and complaints to generate the TSB, is erroneous and unsubstantiated. Apparently injected to downplay the problem.

Eric2203, how about you stop with the emotional hyperbole. Maybe provide some information and support for all the victims of this problem? We really would like Hyundai to provide some long-overdue resolve.
So riddle me this: Hyundai had no problem using a TSB for this issue before. Why would they refuse to do it now if the issue is as widespread as you say? Obviously, it isn’t.

This is why I keep telling you that you have no clue about how widespread this issue is. You can keep counting forum posts and complaints all you want, they’re a drop in the bucket compared to how many Palisades are on the road, and not how an accurate quantity of issues can be determined. Nobody outside Hyundai knows how widespread of a situation this is. I don’t know and neither do you.

I’ve no interest in downplaying the issue. But the opposite, this constant exaggeration, is getting tiresome. You did post “Hyundai continues to take advantage of buyers (they know they are continuing to sell Palisades with this problem)”. That’s nut job conspiracy theory right there. Enough with that nonsensical crap. You claim Hyundai told you about revised parts, but in post #9 in this thread, you say it’s your last dealer who heard that. When responding to me, the story changes and you claim Hyundai told you. I don’t believe for one second they’d tell you that at the corporate level by the way.

What other support and information can I offer? I told you to call a lemon law lawyer. That’s the only thing you can do if Hyundai won’t fix your issue. Or try another dealer if you haven’t yet - they can be hit or miss with Hyundai.

Alan_F

Reaction score
So riddle me this: Hyundai had no problem using a TSB for this issue before. Why would they refuse to do it now if the issue is as widespread as you say? Obviously, it isn’t.
They aren't going to issue a TSB unless they have fix for it. TSB's are not for complaints, they are instructions to Hyundai Techs at dealers on how to fix something.

Dandyhand

Reaction score

This is why I keep telling you that you have no clue about how widespread this issue is. You can keep counting forum posts and complaints all you want, they’re a drop in the bucket compared to how many Palisades are on the road, and not how an accurate quantity of issues can be determined. Nobody outside Hyundai knows how widespread of a situation this is. I don’t know and neither do you.

I’ve no interest in downplaying the issue. But the opposite, this constant exaggeration, is getting tiresome. You did post “Hyundai continues to take advantage of buyers (they know they are continuing to sell Palisades with this problem)”. That’s nut job conspiracy theory right there. Enough with that nonsensical crap. You claim Hyundai told you about revised parts, but in post #9 in this thread, you say it’s your last dealer who heard that. When responding to me, the story changes and you claim Hyundai told you. I don’t believe for one second they’d tell you that at the corporate level by the way.

What other support and information can I offer? I told you to call a lemon law lawyer. That’s the only thing you can do if Hyundai won’t fix your issue. Or try another dealer if you haven’t yet - they can be hit or miss with Hyundai.
“Nonsensical crap”?

Do you even realize that ever since the 2019 TSB came out Hyundai has been authorizing dealers to use it for ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22 Palisades? No wonder you think the issue is “not widespread”. And in case you didnt know, Kia has also authorized it’s use for the gross numbers of vibrating Tellurides. Not sure where you get the idea Hyundai is ”refusing” to do the TSB. With few exception that is not true.

The point, which you miss, is that the TSB is not fixing most vibrating Palisades, and years later the very problem continues on in ‘22.

There you go again, telling me what I know. You are wrong, I do have a clue about how widespread this issue is. It is widespread enough to generate a TSB, which continues to be used on new Palisades (and Tellurides) with the same ongoing problem. It is widespread enough that both Hyundai and their dealers have been candid enough to acknowledge the ongoing issue, authorize repairs, and give victims like me hope by telling them they are still working on a fix. It is widespread enough that new buyers are test driving multiple vehicles to avoid a vibrator. It’s is widespread enough that even a simple internet search will reveal hundreds of complaints, NHTSA case numbers, buy-backs, lemon laws, and backyard mechanics trying to fix it on their own. Six owners in this thread alone.

So if you want to claim the vibration is NOT widespread, and downplay it as just a “drop in the bucket” where is YOUR proof?

It’s so silly to accuse members of “nut job conspiracy theories” and “exaggeration” just to fit your own false narrative. Yes, I did say Hyundai continues to take advantage of new buyers because they knowingly continue to sell new vehicles with this problem. Prove me wrong, please. We saw the same thing with the drivers wind noise and the stinky seats… they kept on selling them. All automakers do it. They’re in it to make money. They don’t stop sales because they don’t have a fix. You are just in denial, downplaying the issue as if Hyundai has no clue ‘22 Palisades are sitting on lots right now with the vibration.

There’s no “story” Eric2203. As I have repeated several times for you, both Hyundai and my dealer know about the ongoing vibration problem and both have told me to wait until March. It doesn’t matter what you believe. I’m the one talking with them, not you. You’re just here to inject nonproductive conjecture, denial, and emotional hyperbole. If your big contribution here is to tell all of us with this issue to just get a lawyer, you could have done that in your first post.

Eric2203

Reaction score
“Nonsensical crap”?

Do you even realize that ever since the 2019 TSB came out Hyundai has been authorizing dealers to use it for ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22 Palisades? No wonder you think the issue is “not widespread”. And in case you didnt know, Kia has also authorized it’s use for the gross numbers of vibrating Tellurides. Not sure where you get the idea Hyundai is ”refusing” to do the TSB. With few exception that is not true.

The point, which you miss, is that the TSB is not fixing most vibrating Palisades, and years later the very problem continues on in ‘22.

There you go again, telling me what I know. You are wrong, I do have a clue about how widespread this issue is. It is widespread enough to generate a TSB, which continues to be used on new Palisades (and Tellurides) with the same ongoing problem. It is widespread enough that both Hyundai and their dealers have been candid enough to acknowledge the ongoing issue, authorize repairs, and give victims like me hope by telling them they are still working on a fix. It is widespread enough that new buyers are test driving multiple vehicles to avoid a vibrator. It’s is widespread enough that even a simple internet search will reveal hundreds of complaints, NHTSA case numbers, buy-backs, lemon laws, and backyard mechanics trying to fix it on their own. Six owners in this thread alone.

So if you want to claim the vibration is NOT widespread, and downplay it as just a “drop in the bucket” where is YOUR proof?

It’s so silly to accuse members of “nut job conspiracy theories” and “exaggeration” just to fit your own false narrative. Yes, I did say Hyundai continues to take advantage of new buyers because they knowingly continue to sell new vehicles with this problem. Prove me wrong, please. We saw the same thing with the drivers wind noise and the stinky seats… they kept on selling them. All automakers do it. They’re in it to make money. They don’t stop sales because they don’t have a fix. You are just in denial, downplaying the issue as if Hyundai has no clue ‘22 Palisades are sitting on lots right now with the vibration.

There’s no “story” Eric2203. As I have repeated several times for you, both Hyundai and my dealer know about the ongoing vibration problem and both have told me to wait until March. It doesn’t matter what you believe. I’m the one talking with them, not you. You’re just here to inject nonproductive conjecture, denial, and emotional hyperbole. If your big contribution here is to tell all of us with this issue to just get a lawyer, you could have done that in your first post.
So you’re saying they don’t have a fix since the existing TSB isn’t fixing cars with this problem. Yet, you previously said that they knew it was due to bad parts, and that redesigned parts are around the corner. So which is it? Do they know the root cause, or don’t they?

And if they know which bad part is getting redesigned, why don’t they authorize replacements of the bad part with the current one via TSB, while waiting for the redesigned ones? After all, the current parts are not all bad since not all current owners are experiencing this issue.

My proof, as you call it, is the owner’s surveys performed by various entities, such as Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc., which show none of this. I already told you that. I’ve filled out several of those surveys myself as an owner. That is hard data, gathered from owners, on a large scale. Not 6 forum posts in this thread out of ~200K Palisades in the US alone. You claim to know about quality. You should therefore know about statistical significance. Forum posts are not it.

And I did tell you in my first post to get a lawyer. You didn’t like that answer. I can’t help that.

Gene

Reaction score
Would be nice if the two of you would private message each other, so we can keep the posting where others might be interested

SadieCowboy

Reaction score
So you’re saying they don’t have a fix since the existing TSB isn’t fixing cars with this problem. Yet, you previously said that they knew it was due to bad parts, and that redesigned parts are around the corner. So which is it? Do they know the root cause, or don’t they?

And if they know which bad part is getting redesigned, why don’t they authorize replacements of the bad part with the current one via TSB, while waiting for the redesigned ones? After all, the current parts are not all bad since not all current owners are experiencing this issue.

My proof, as you call it, is the owner’s surveys performed by various entities, such as Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc., which show none of this. I already told you that. I’ve filled out several of those surveys myself as an owner. That is hard data, gathered from owners, on a large scale. Not 6 forum posts in this thread out of ~200K Palisades in the US alone. You claim to know about quality. You should therefore know about statistical significance. Forum posts are not it.

And I did tell you in my first post to get a lawyer. You didn’t like that answer. I can’t help that.
Lost ain’t ya. o_O(n)

Jeepers could it be ya can’t find complaints because J.D. Power doesn’t publish any and Consumer Reports only surveys member$hips? :ROFLMAO:

Eric2203

Reaction score
Lost ain’t ya. o_O(n)

Jeepers could it be ya can’t find complaints because J.D. Power doesn’t publish any and Consumer Reports only surveys member$hips? :ROFLMAO:
So? CR members are a valid source of data. And these 2 are not the only companies in the business. Those are just examples.

Last edited: