Voice command not working

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Craig44485

Reaction score
2021 Calligraphy, today the voice command feature stopped working. When I press the speaker button on the steering wheel a message pops up saying "Starting voice recognition, please wait", but nothing happens. I can manually put in a destination on the touch screen, but still no voice prompts when driving. Thought I saw a thread somewhere about the "head unit" being defective and needing replaced. Wondering how long it would take to get the part in and have it replaced with a brand new one, not refurbished. Anyone else have this issue?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Drewski

Reaction score
anything else broken? my voice recognition stopped working along with the text message display and the USB data port stopped reading flash drives with music. dealer messed with it for a week until they threw in the towel and ordered a new head unit, which took a day to be delivered. Even Hyundai tech corporate couldn’t figure it out.

Everything works now.

ejko

Reaction score
My voice recognition started acting exactly as yours today. In addition, my radio started coming on to the same station when I start the car regardless of what station it was last on. Strange.

Drewski

Reaction score
My voice recognition started acting exactly as yours today. In addition, my radio started coming on to the same station when I start the car regardless of what station it was last on. Strange.
yep, ours did the same! always started on XM “Lithium” channel although we rarely listened to that one. try plugging in a flash drive with music and see if it works. apple car play still worked though. and text message notifications stopped showing up on the display.

Craig44485

Reaction score
Follow up, took it to the dealer today, they tried a hard reset, and then pulled the unit out and checked the wire connection to make sure nothing was loose. No dice, so they ordered a new radio and will inform me once they get it in to install it.