Voice command not working

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

G

G-597910

2021 Calligraphy, today the voice command feature stopped working. When I press the speaker button on the steering wheel a message pops up saying "Starting voice recognition, please wait", but nothing happens. I can manually put in a destination on the touch screen, but still no voice prompts when driving. Thought I saw a thread somewhere about the "head unit" being defective and needing replaced. Wondering how long it would take to get the part in and have it replaced with a brand new one, not refurbished. Anyone else have this issue?
My voice recognition stopped working, every time I started my car the radio was on a station I dont listen to. The dealer replaced my whole radio system. The new system doesn't have the original triple split screen. Maybe that system is the problem.

G

G-901127

My voice recognition stopped working, every time I started my car the radio was on a station I dont listen to. The dealer replaced my whole radio system. The new system doesn't have the original triple split screen. Maybe that system is the problem.
You updated the software? I'm beginning to believe that many of the Service Technicians have been pencil whipping their continuing education. Mine had absolutely no clue regarding voice command issues (along with no longer warning me about traffic cameras). The minute I updated my software, all was good.

John Codethree

Reaction score
In 2 weeks I will be bringing in my 2021 Palisade for the 4th time for GPS issues. When I try voice commands I get a screen NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE. Twice they did a new software upload. 3rd time again. Now we will see. I am bring them a copy of the NC Lemon law. Four attempts to fix and if no good I get a complete refund. I have had about 8 Hyundai’s since 2012 and never once had a warranty issue. Note also, yesterday I started the car and the radio came on ear shattering loud. I checked and it was on number 1. Can’t imagine what making it louder would have done. I shut the car down 3 times and then it went back to normal. Same day, ny Heads up display stopped working. I checked the programming and the box had unchecked itself.