What did you do to your Hyundai Palisade today?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I'm thinking of getting these for the Palisade MOBIS HEADLAMP TRIPLE LENS LED TYPE SET FOR HYUNDAI PALISADE 2018/12-21 MNR- at discount rate - 92101S8100. I'm not 100% sure it would be an upgrade over the stock ones in terms of brightness. Aesthetics wise I prefer it over the stock. What do you guys think?
been thinking about it myself, the only advantage they offer is a fog/driving light. but the wiring is different so you would need to figure out the differences, move the pins, and wire in a switch for the driving lights.

this could cause issues on the vehicle network bus. unless you can source an OEM fog light switch from Korea.

I spent 20 years as an ASE tech, vehicle electronics and canbus was my specialty, while things have change a bit since I left the field 15 years ago, the basic rules haven't errant items on the bus cause issues and void warranties.

Mr. Peppermint

Reaction score
been thinking about it myself, the only advantage they offer is a fog/driving light. but the wiring is different so you would need to figure out the differences, move the pins, and wire in a switch for the driving lights.

this could cause issues on the vehicle network bus. unless you can source an OEM fog light switch from Korea.

I spent 20 years as an ASE tech, vehicle electronics and canbus was my specialty, while things have change a bit since I left the field 15 years ago, the basic rules haven't errant items on the bus cause issues and void warra
Alright, I'll leave that till I get more information and the right parts. I did however find on another Palisade Forum that someone had installed aftermarket fog lights. I would like my fog lights a bit more rectangluar (kind of filling up the both sides of the radar sensor). Any suggestions on aftermarket fog lights with that specification would be greatly appreciated.

He said "I have a relay switch that connects by splicing into a extension cable in the left low beam head light. (Technically it comes on with the head light and not just the park lights, so I guess it’s technically not a Fog light)". Thought it would help anyone that wanted to replicate this.

1615937962307.png

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
Added my subwoofer.

JBL BassPro Mini,

B9A3F1E5-A31A-4128-AC17-7A7D20CBDE7C.jpeg 530CABB2-7B75-43F4-9E01-FE9C426AD828.jpeg

Fits perfect between the second row captain chairs, Dual 8” subs with the amp built in. Cool thing about this little device is the box snaps to the amp (i.e. the amp is under the subs), so if you need to fold the seats down for cargo you can quickly remove the sub box. However it is the same height as the seats when they are folded so you could just lay a blanket or towel across it to protect it and place the cargo on top.

Wiring was fairly simple, panel removal was a PITA, whole install took me 4 hours, but I am particular about hiding cables and making things look as stock as possible. Everything is hidden under the carpet and I used the OEM cable channels that are under the carpet and between the sound deadening foam, most of the time was phishing the wires through those channels.

Ran 8 gauge with 30amp inline stereo fuse to the front fuse box, grounded the amp on the second row seat anchor bolt, remote wire from the Harmon amp under the passenger front seat, tapped into the rear sub with the inline connectors that were included. I left the OEM sub connected and am feeding the lines to the JBL as well.

There is a optional sub volume adjustment knob that can be purchased, but as it stands I don’t think I need it.

dlukac

Reaction score

RJHar

Reaction score
I think Sara No H had this one when she did chrome delete, I'll plan to have it too soon. . . .
I got mine and had it professionally installed

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_180306.jpg
    IMG_20210416_180306.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210416_180314__01.jpg
    IMG_20210416_180314__01.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 33

smileyq

Reaction score
I bought (not installed yet) the tow hook front license plate holder and curious if any other owners has installed one?

elp_jc

Reaction score
I'm picking up my Calligraphy tomorrow, and like the past 30+ years, won't install a front plate. BUT if I ever get too much flack from the 'popos', I'd use one of those... IF I can't find my prefer option: An elongated sticker with my plate number, like the european ones. I saw one once, but the owner wasn't around to ask him/her where he got it. A regular US plate blocks airflow in most vehicles, since they're not designed for those big and ugly plates. The turbulence they create significantly decreases cooling ability, which is imperative to have when it gets to 100F+ for months in hot TX, and the surrounding desert. So I don't install one, and so far no tickets. But TX troopers have harassed me many times over the years for not having one :).

smileyq

Reaction score
This is the one I ordered.

elp_jc

Reaction score
It looks really good. And cheaper than the one I have bought before for the Porsches (US Millworks), which doesn't even list Hyundais, so great news. Thank you.
My preference is still to find a place that can make an elongated sticker version of my plate, to just attach it to the bumper. Cops only care about the plate number, so doubt they'd bother me because it's not an official US plate. Only troopers do that crap; even the local cops never even check for front plate. The only warnings I've gotten have been from troopers with nothing better to do than just harass people. Ha ha. Oh, and did I mention without a plate, radar is only good for about 3/4 of a mile, rather than 2+. With sports cars is less than that, but with a whale of a car like the Palisade, probably correct.