What I don't like about our Palisade

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

flipray

Reaction score
So any news on which glass protector to buy and have the hvac protector too? Havent seen anything just for the HVAC.

I got my Limited yesterday and so far I've noticed one thing with carplay. I was using Waze, changed the route on my phone but carplay took a good minute or so before it changed the route. I looked at the phone to verify the reroute, but the info on the dash is still the original route. Almost felt like it took a while for carplay to update?

Gary

Reaction score
I miss the lighting of the wipers and headlights. It's minor but one gets spoiled from the other vehicles one had.

Gary

Reaction score
The lever you control the wipers and headlights with. My Jeep GC had this feature along with lighted mirror.

Stormy

Reaction score
One thing that doesn't make sense to me but probably makes good sense to everyone else is the shift buttons. If you want to go forward you must push the rearward button. If you want to reverse the car you must push the front button. Certainly the Hyundai engineers and marketing people gave this a lot of thought and discussion and came up with what it is. Even though I disagree with them on this issue, I really love my Palisade Limited AWD and all the marvelous technology and innovative design.

Mickey

Reaction score
One thing that doesn't make sense to me but probably makes good sense to everyone else is the shift buttons. If you want to go forward you must push the rearward button. If you want to reverse the car you must push the front button. Certainly the Hyundai engineers and marketing people gave this a lot of thought and discussion and came up with what it is. Even though I disagree with them on this issue, I really love my Palisade Limited AWD and all the marvelous technology and innovative design.

I completely agree. D for forward direction should be in the forward spot. I wonder if the positions can be reversed.

Stormy

Reaction score
I'm sure it could be done but I wouldn't attempt it as it could possibly avoid the warranty. I don't like the way it is but I am getting used to it. To change it now might cause my wife to start the car in the garage and drive into the back wall. I hope she doesn't see this.

saxman242

Reaction score
Certainly the Hyundai engineers and marketing people gave this a lot of thought and discussion and came up with what it is.
I suspect they did this because it is consistent with nearly every automatic car on the road where the gear selector has R furthest forward and D all the way back towards the driver.

neutral-gear.jpg

Chrisk

Reaction score
Just got my white on beige limited yesterday.

Here what I find strange. The auto-hold of the brake has to be pressed with every restart of the car. Why? As well as the auto start-stop of the engine. It Should be either you want it on or off.
Simple programming and a update could fix this with enough feedback from customers.

ronliz82

Reaction score
Has anyone notice that the tune radio selector that is located below the mode button on the wheel. you have to hold it in order to tune different channels for the selected radio, if not you will just go through the different radio modes, same as using the mode button. Has anyone found a way to make that button for tune only.

Reaction score
There is an up down selector that should go through the stations. There is also on AV console a Radio station selection option there too.

Espley4

Reaction score
I also hate the finger prints on door handles, plus the scratch magnet hvac screen. When I bought mine I noticed them on the screen , but figured a cleaning would fix, but it is scratched. A drop of plastic polish gets it 96% but at certain light can see it. I though of cutting a screen protector for it? I also hate the satin chrome on outside of doors, it likes water spotting badly, going to clear wrap it, lastly the hood has no gaskets so if you drive in rain or wash the car, the engine compartment gets water and dirt all over, I am also having to clean that's often as well, too much maintenance on this car for sure..lol but I like it.
Did you end up clear wrapping the door handles? Is that a possibility? I hate the prints all over them all of the time! If anyone knows of a product to use for this please share! :)

FFEMT6

Reaction score
OMG! The scratches on the HVAC screen drive me $%^ing NUTS! Can't believe mine looks 2 years old already after 2000 miles!! All we've done is remove the protective plastic and gently wipe with a microfiber cloth. Looks like crap! I thought about plastic polish too. Will try that!
So wiping with a microfiber towel is scratching the screen, or is something else causing the scratches. I only have an SEL with convenience pkg, so I have the 8" screen. I wonder if electronic prepackaged wipes would be more gentle. Why are there SOOO MANY issues to deal with on Hyundai's "FLAGSHIP," model?

retgi

Reaction score
Anybody try the screen protectors for the Palisade navi/radio display that are available on Amazon and eBay? If so, just wondering if they’re worth it. Only seems to show one size, but I think the Limited/Ultimate trim’s screen is slightly larger than the other trims.
Yes, I got one and it was easy to put on and you can't tell it's on there.

G

G-397059

I don’t like that all your radio stations are not on the screen. In most cars , the channels are on the screen & all you have to do is touch the screen. In the Hyundai Pallisades you have to scroll through to get to your station. ( unless I’m missing something

Julia

Reaction score
I bought the main display screen protector from Ebay and got it in yesterday, and much to my liking and surprise it came with 3 little ones,,, you guessed it one for the Front hvac, 1 for the rear hvac and one for the drive mode sector dial..I did a dab of plastic polish and when it looked nice again I applied the protector,, wow looks great and I can touch it as much as I want without scratches... well worth the 10 bucks!!!!! I'm going to order a backup set. The dial one keeps coming up on edges, but that's alright. When it get hazy looking I just have to press her down again. Thinking a little heat may work.. I also did the felt on truck side, back, rear center console, and the thick carbon on door bottoms.
Please show me exactly what plastic polish you used on the HVAC scratches. I can't feel them with my fingernail, but see them. I'd love to hide them! Thanks so much!