What I don't like about our Palisade

Slo

Reaction score
Besides having to replace the tranny at 2700 miles, two windshields in 3200 miles, having slipping issues with the replacement tranny...I am hoping lemon-aid occurs soon.

Julia

Reaction score
I also hate the finger prints on door handles, plus the scratch magnet hvac screen. When I bought mine I noticed them on the screen , but figured a cleaning would fix, but it is scratched. A drop of plastic polish gets it 96% but at certain light can see it. I though of cutting a screen protector for it? I also hate the satin chrome on outside of doors, it likes water spotting badly, going to clear wrap it, lastly the hood has no gaskets so if you drive in rain or wash the car, the engine compartment gets water and dirt all over, I am also having to clean that's often as well, too much maintenance on this car for sure..lol but I like it.
Please tell me exactly what plastic polish you used on the HVAC screen. Thanks!

Popeye

Reaction score
I wish the Palisade would not allow the car to be placed in drive without the key fob inside the vehicle. I was doing some stuff, started the car with the fob in my hand, stepped out, placed the fob on the trailer next to me, put some stuff in the car and started to drive off. I was well over 75 feet away and it was still driving. Easy way for a car to be stolen if it is started with the remote.

I would like power-folding mirrors – at least as an option. Not a deal breaker, but a useful add on

I would like a small cubby in the overhead console for sunglasses. Yes, I can put them in the center console but it is so much more convenient in front and up than below and behind.

Please – for the love of Pete, more illumination inside the car. Inside the storage area with the cup holders – it could be tied in with dash lights so they would dim. A light in the console under the padded arm rest – powered by a switch that turns on the light when it’s opened. A courtesy light on the lower panel of the door (or under the edge of the dash) – to come on with the same circuit that turns on the dome lights. Black carpet coupled with older eyes and the shadow cast by the steering wheel, really makes a dark area when entering and exiting the car at night.

Last edited:

Popeye

Reaction score
I would also like the parking lights to come on and stay on when the car has been started remotely with the fob.

T. SMITH

Reaction score
We have a 2021 Palisade with the light colored interior and we love it. Finger prints are an issue along with the interior mirror that is not illuminated. I had an issue one day that the sun made the interior controls such as the map, navigation and radio controls unreadable.

Mandi_0721

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone had experienced issues with the middle captains chairs and booster seats?? We have a 2021, the seat belt is in the seat (as opposed to the side of the seat like most captains chairs) due to this my 7 year old son can not buckle himself in in his booster seat 🤦🏻‍♀️. I even struggle buckling him in. This is a huge con for me. I also can’t stand those dang door handles :( They have water spots ALL THE TIME! Drives me crazy!! Did anyone have success with wrapping those?
Aside from that and the HVAC screen other mentioned I’m very happy with the car. (Oh and tons of road noise) I feel bad I’m constantly making my son repeat himself behind me.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I wish the Palisade would not allow the car to be placed in drive without the key fob inside the vehicle. I was doing some stuff, started the car with the fob in my hand, stepped out, placed the fob on the trailer next to me, put some stuff in the car and started to drive off. I was well over 75 feet away and it was still driving. Easy way for a car to be stolen if it is started with the remote.

I would like power-folding mirrors – at least as an option. Not a deal breaker, but a useful add on

I would like a small cubby in the overhead console for sunglasses. Yes, I can put them in the center console but it is so much more convenient in front and up than below and behind.

Please – for the love of Pete, more illumination inside the car. Inside the storage area with the cup holders – it could be tied in with dash lights so they would dim. A light in the console under the padded arm rest – powered by a switch that turns on the light when it’s opened. A courtesy light on the lower panel of the door (or under the edge of the dash) – to come on with the same circuit that turns on the dome lights. Black carpet coupled with older eyes and the shadow cast by the steering wheel, really makes a dark area when entering and exiting the car at night.

Easy and cheap fix. As the USB ports are ignition controlled. I Put these in the center console under arm rest.

Sara No H

Reaction score
Just got my white on beige limited yesterday.

Here what I find strange. The auto-hold of the brake has to be pressed with every restart of the car. Why? As well as the auto start-stop of the engine. It Should be either you want it on or off.
Simple programming and a update could fix this with enough feedback from customers.
I agree with you. Should be programmed like the blind spot warning or every other feature. Definitely shouldn’t have to renegade it every time.

Popeye

Reaction score
Just got my white on beige limited yesterday.

Here what I find strange. The auto-hold of the brake has to be pressed with every restart of the car. Why? As well as the auto start-stop of the engine. It Should be either you want it on or off.
Simple programming and a update could fix this with enough feedback from customers.
Shark Racing makes a module that will keep the last selected position for the ISG and Auto-hold.

GregVZ

Reaction score
The buttons on the mirror for the garage doors aren’t lit?? If so, that’s super disappointing. Big oversight there, considering that this feature has been on vehicles for more than a decade.
Totally agree. I was so disappointed they were not lit.

Pthompson825

Reaction score
No, you are not nit picking. We wanted a white Limited with the light interior, however, there were none to be had in our area, but they did have a white one available with black interior, so we grabbed it, and we do like it. We traded in a 17 Cadillac XT5 for it and the Palisade rides smoother, and is far more comfortable. I agree with your "dis-likes", mine are:
1: Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).
2: Cruise Control System defaults to off upon starting the vehicle.
3: Ventilated Seats must be turned on upon each restart of vehicle, they should be controlled by the HVAC.
4: High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.
5: “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, but it is in the manual, vehicle does not automatically lock.
6: No power folding side mirrors.
7: Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2.
8: Proximity unlock when grabbing the door handle (at least the button is right there).
So much for convenience features that are not convenient...

I really, really do like my Limited, (and highly recommend it) but I would really, really love it if it had these corrections (these all seem to be software correctable, but I doubt that we will ever see them)...
I agree

Pthompson825

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone had experienced issues with the middle captains chairs and booster seats?? We have a 2021, the seat belt is in the seat (as opposed to the side of the seat like most captains chairs) due to this my 7 year old son can not buckle himself in in his booster seat 🤦🏻‍♀️. I even struggle buckling him in. This is a huge con for me. I also can’t stand those dang door handles :( They have water spots ALL THE TIME! Drives me crazy!! Did anyone have success with wrapping those?
Aside from that and the HVAC screen other mentioned I’m very happy with the car. (Oh and tons of road noise) I feel bad I’m constantly making my son repeat himself behind me.
Yes, trying tto buckle my granddaughter in is a hassle, you have to struggle to get it buckled in where it is positioned

elp_jc

Reaction score
'Walk away lock' is a Korea-only option, just like many others listed in the manual, like cell-phone as key, optional key card (like Teslas), rear center console, etc.

Eric2203

Reaction score
'Walk away lock' is a Korea-only option, just like many others listed in the manual, like cell-phone as key, optional key card (like Teslas), rear center console, etc.
None of these are actually available in South Korea, except for the rear center console.

Eleyshome

Reaction score
Good points. The lack of power folding mirrors still makes no sense to me. In addition, the “yacht like” faux wood is not available on the Limited and there is way too much piano black in the vehicle. Why no Carmel or Red leather option? They missed built in WiFi and aesthetically please add dual exhausts.
Totally agree with the black. Have seat covers for that reason. Have a white dog who isn’t allowed in car unless it’s covered like grandma’s sofa in the parlor.
Dual exhausts? Sounds sexy but where the exhaust is located now it melts $500 coolers on cargo carriers. Melting on both sides? How about side exist exhausts.