What I don't like about our Palisade

Olds455

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone had experienced issues with the middle captains chairs and booster seats?? We have a 2021, the seat belt is in the seat (as opposed to the side of the seat like most captains chairs) due to this my 7 year old son can not buckle himself in in his booster seat 🤦🏻‍♀️. I even struggle buckling him in. This is a huge con for me. I also can’t stand those dang door handles :( They have water spots ALL THE TIME! Drives me crazy!! Did anyone have success with wrapping those?
Aside from that and the HVAC screen other mentioned I’m very happy with the car. (Oh and tons of road noise) I feel bad I’m constantly making my son repeat himself behind me.
Did you ever find a solution to help with the booster seat? I have the same issue with my 8 year old daughter! Whoever decided on this style for buckles should be forced to a 10-year prison sentence of buckling children into those seats all day long!

GregVZ

Reaction score
I also hate the finger prints on door handles, plus the scratch magnet hvac screen. When I bought mine I noticed them on the screen , but figured a cleaning would fix, but it is scratched. A drop of plastic polish gets it 96% but at certain light can see it. I though of cutting a screen protector for it? I also hate the satin chrome on outside of doors, it likes water spotting badly, going to clear wrap it, lastly the hood has no gaskets so if you drive in rain or wash the car, the engine compartment gets water and dirt all over, I am also having to clean that's often as well, too much maintenance on this car for sure..lol but I like it.
I have a 2021 Calligraphy and have never had this issue. I am wondering if you should have the dealer make sure you aren't missing any hood gaskets maybe?

G

G-917930

Good points. The lack of power folding mirrors still makes no sense to me. In addition, the “yacht like” faux wood is not available on the Limited and there is way too much piano black in the vehicle. Why no Carmel or Red leather option? They missed built in WiFi and aesthetically please add dual exhausts.
Yeah. They are included in the Korean version. My garage is narrow and it would've been helpful if it had power folding mirror. My 2020 Ioniq has a power folding mirror and opens up automatically when I approach with a key. So I was totally disappointed when my Palisade Caligraphy did not even have power folding mirrors.