"What's New for 2022: Hyundai" Article

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Alan_F

Reaction score
The very minor changes for the 2022 Palisade have already been documented elsewhere in this forum as follows:

- Becketts Black paint color replaced by Abyss Black as April 2021 (so actually this was a running change on MY 2021 cars)
- Dark Brown Calligraphy interior color discontinued
- SE trim level gets side mirrors with side turn indicators, blind-spot collision avoidance assist, rear traffic collision avoidance assist and safe exit assist as standard

Prices may be slightly different.

trialNerror

Reaction score
The very minor changes for the 2022 Palisade have already been documented elsewhere in this forum as follows:

- Becketts Black paint color replaced by Abyss Black as April 2021 (so actually this was a running change on MY 2021 cars)
- Dark Brown Calligraphy interior color discontinued
- SE trim level gets side mirrors with side turn indicators, blind-spot collision avoidance assist, rear traffic collision avoidance assist and safe exit assist as standard

Prices may be slightly different.
Thanks Alan. Considering nothing has been officially released by Hyundai, other than the 2022 brochure I previously posted, I’m still trying to hunt down any information I can. Another minor change I read is added ambient lighting in the 3rd row on the Calligraphy trim. The prices across the board have all increased somewhat. MSRP on our 22’ AWD Calligraphy is $48,390.

Last edited:

Eric2203

Reaction score
Thanks Alan. Considering nothing has been officially released by Hyundai, other than the 2022 brochure I previously posted, I’m still trying to hunt down any information I can. Another minor change I read is added ambient lighting in the 3rd row on the Calligraphy trim. The prices across the board have all increased somewhat. MSRP on our 22’ AWD Calligraphy is $48,390.
Actually, Hyundai has officially released all the info on the 2022 models. They are already discussed in existing threads on this forum (a little further down in this very sub-forum actually). Both threads contain links to Hyundai docs and press release:

trialNerror

Reaction score
Actually, Hyundai has officially released all the info on the 2022 models. They are already discussed in existing threads on this forum (a little further down in this very sub-forum actually). Both threads contain links to Hyundai docs and press release:
Great, thanks for sharing those links!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
The prices across the board have all increased somewhat. MSRP on our 22’ AWD Calligraphy is $48,390.
That's nothing. I remember the price of the 2021 was in the $48K range, so way less than I expected, considering dealers are making a killing on them. I thought at least 2 grand more, so good news for dealers, I guess... and the few buyers who pay MSRP, like I did myself.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Don’t forget $1,185 for destination. Your actual MSRP is $49,575 (that’s up $650 from 2021).

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
The destination fee was already $1,185 on 2021 models. See here, I linked to both price sheets: 2022 Prices released

The 2022 Calligraphy is $490 more than the 2021.
Oh damn, I was referencing my mid year MY 2021 document from when they added the FWD Calligraphy. I didn’t realize they updated the list yet again in March. Apologies.

Either way, destination is always a part of the total price. Didn’t want the person I was quoting to forget that.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Oh damn, I was referencing my mid year MY 2021 document from when they added the FWD Calligraphy. I didn’t realize they updated the list yet again in March. Apologies.

Either way, destination is always a part of the total price. Didn’t want the person I was quoting to forget that.
Yeah they like to update prices a few times a year, including that destination fee. They’re sneaky like that.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Yeah they like to update prices a few times a year, including that destination fee. They’re sneaky like that.
Compared to vehicles made in Alabama, they are probably loosing money on shipment charges from Korea, as ocean freight costs have risen quite a bit lately.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Compared to vehicles made in Alabama, they are probably loosing money on shipment charges from Korea, as ocean freight costs have risen quite a bit lately.
Yeah they have but Hyundai owns the logistics company and the ships so I suspect they’re better off than others in that respect.

The destination fee has become a bit of a joke in the industry. It’s used by all manufacturers to sneak price increases in without changing the MSRP. There are multiple opinion pieces out there from automotive writers calling for that fee to be rolled in to the MSRP. It’s not like anyone can avoid paying it after all. Can’t say I disagree.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Yeah they have but Hyundai owns the logistics company and the ships so I suspect they’re better off than others in that respect.

The destination fee has become a bit of a joke in the industry. It’s used by all manufacturers to sneak price increases in without changing the MSRP. There are multiple opinion pieces out there from automotive writers calling for that fee to be rolled in to the MSRP. It’s not like anyone can avoid paying it after all. Can’t say I disagree.
At one time Hyundai was a huge conglomerate involved in many industries, but they split up into separate smaller companies, some of which still use the Hyundai name. So I believe that the Hyundai Shipping and Logistics (called Hyundai Merchant Marine or HMM) is now a separate company from Hyundai Motor Company. One of the other companies (Hyundai Heavy Industries) even makes ships.

So the Hyundai Motor Company (Korea) is pretty much just involved in automobile manufacturing, and it has its own stock exchange symbol on the Korean Exchange. However, there is some cross-ownership of the old Hyundai conglomerate companies, which happens anytime a large company gets split into two or more companies, and the original shareholders now own stock in both (or all) companies.

Eric2203

Reaction score
At one time Hyundai was a huge conglomerate involved in many industries, but they split up into separate smaller companies, some of which still use the Hyundai name. So I believe that the Hyundai Shipping and Logistics (called Hyundai Merchant Marine or HMM) is now a separate company from Hyundai Motor Company. One of the other companies (Hyundai Heavy Industries) even makes ships.

So the Hyundai Motor Company (Korea) is pretty much just involved in automobile manufacturing, and it has its own stock exchange symbol on the Korean Exchange. However, there is some cross-ownership of the old Hyundai conglomerate companies, which happens anytime a large company gets split into two or more companies, and the original shareholders now own stock in both (or all) companies.
Yes, OK. They don't own the logistics company directly. But as you say, they probably have common shareholders.

elp_jc

Reaction score
as ocean freight costs have risen quite a bit lately.
I'm shipping pecans overseas to Europe (but not to Korea), and ocean freight has almost tripled from before the pandemic. And same thing with the timing, due to delays everywhere. But Hyundai is probably the least impacted car company overall, not only with shipping, but with steel, dash/nav screens and chips (they own LG), and maybe other stuff. But I'm still baffled why they didn't jack up prices more at least on top trims, leaving dealers to make that money. Great news for dealers, though.

Alan_F

Reaction score
I'm shipping pecans overseas to Europe (but not to Korea), and ocean freight has almost tripled from before the pandemic. And same thing with the timing, due to delays everywhere. But Hyundai is probably the least impacted car company overall, not only with shipping, but with steel, dash/nav screens and chips (they own LG), and maybe other stuff. But I'm still baffled why they didn't jack up prices more at least on top trims, leaving dealers to make that money. Great news for dealers, though.
As I mentioned in my comment above. Hyundai Motor Company is no longer part of the giant Hyundai conglomerate that was split up into several separate companies, including ship building, ocean freight, electronics, and other industries. Hyundai Motor Company is now a separate company that only manufactures automobiles. LG is a completely separate Korean company and I don't think they were ever owned by the former Hyundai conglomerate, but not sure.

Eric2203

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my comment above. Hyundai Motor Company is no longer part of the giant Hyundai conglomerate that was split up into several separate companies, including ship building, ocean freight, electronics, and other industries. Hyundai Motor Company is now a separate company that only manufactures automobiles. LG is a completely separate Korean company and I don't think they were ever owned by the former Hyundai conglomerate, but not sure.
Correct, Hyundai never owned LG.

LG Group divested itself of LG Semiconductor, which merged with Hyundai Electronics. That became Hynix, which was spun off by Hyundai. It is now known as SK Hynix and is major player in the memory field.
Hyundai does not own LG and never has.

steelers

Reaction score
The dealer I purchased from..now shows $5000 market adjustment charge on top of msrp...then $999 dealer fee...
And I would assume more charges for the crap they put on the car...pinstripes etc...
It's a freakin Hyundai...who woulda thunk it possible years ago....and ya still can't get the color ya want
Insane