Where can I put my sunglasses?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Zirynx

Reaction score
Does the "Conversation mirror" have a place to put my sunglasses like on my other cars?
It does not. This was one of the first things I noticed when I test drove it. It seems like a very strange omission. I expect none of the people test driving them and writing articles noticed because they never have to put their sunglasses away.

I have been storing mine in the center console in the elevated tray that is often used for spare change and the like.

lowblow

Reaction score
I agree.. I keep mine in the center console tray as well. I don’t use the conversation mirror and would love to get the sunglass tray back.

old lady with a cat

Reaction score
No sunglasses holder and no folding power mirrors...I wrote Hyundai about it and they gave some lame excuse about trying to please everyone....in a top level trim these items are basic conveniences and have been in every top level trim auto I have owned.

Hyundai...
"We are sometimes unable to produce an automobile with the features and materials that will satisfy or appeal to all of our customers."

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-918053

No sunglasses holder and no folding power mirrors...I wrote Hyundai about it and they gave some lame excuse about trying to please everyone....in a top level trim these items are basic conveniences and have been in every top level trim auto I have owned.

Hyundai...
"We are sometimes unable to produce an automobile with the features and materials that will satisfy or appeal to all of our customers."
That's a pretty lame response from Hyundai. Telluride has both and am leaning towards purchasing that!

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Does the "Conversation mirror" have a place to put my sunglasses like on my other cars?
I would have much preferred to omit the mirror. We traded in a Honda Odyssey that had a "conversation mirror and a sunglass holder, for our Palisade. I never expected to see a similar mirror on our luxury oriented crossover. The tray under the console sounds like a great idea though. I am also going to look into the door pocket.

owensned

Reaction score

Attachments

• DC949B0F-9ACF-48DF-9178-3D63E1CA3DF0.jpeg
    DC949B0F-9ACF-48DF-9178-3D63E1CA3DF0.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 39

raggedy1

Reaction score
Hi, man. When I was on the test drive I also noticed that there is no separate place/store for sunglasses in the console or something like that. This is very strange and disappointing. I don't understand why it was so difficult to do this. I remember how in a Volkswagen Passat B6 I saw a special section for storing sunglasses above the rearview mirror and it's so convenient and easy to use. I don't know whether to buy this car or not now, I just don't want to accidentally break my favorite glasses from an online store with sunglasses for men.

I know we all have our priorities. There are a lot of other reasons I can see why you wouldn't want to buy a Palisade right now, like the wind noise issue, but for the car lacking a cubby for sunglasses?

have you test driven a Palisade or Telluride and compared it directly to a CX-9, Highlander or Ascent?

You may be giving up a sunglass cubby on the Palisade, but you're gaining quite a bit more over it's direct competitors. For me not having a sunglass holder and power folding mirrors was an easy tradeoff for all the features/content/materials I gained over the competitors.

No car satisfies 100% of the purchasers out there. Hyundai has done a great job with what they're offering starting at 31k and moving all the way up to beat 50k dollar competitors.

saxman242

Reaction score
You may be giving up a sunglass cubby on the Palisade
I'm guessing that a user, with only one post, posting a link labeled sunglasses for men to an overseas supplier of women's sunglasses isn't actually interested in the Palisade and comparing it against the competition.

raggedy1

Reaction score
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt?

;)

In reality I question a lot of the motivation of new members and their posts, especially when they join one day and post to complain or tell us why they won't be buying a Palisade.

heehee

would be interesting if our moderators dug up IPs and figured that the same person is posing as multiple users on this site or the other site to poop on the Pally

I've seen it done on other car forums.

Hyundai/Genesis ut

Reaction score
Hi, man. When I was on the test drive I also noticed that there is no separate place/store for sunglasses in the console or something like that. This is very strange and disappointing. I don't understand why it was so difficult to do this. I remember how in a Volkswagen Passat B6 I saw a special section for storing sunglasses above the rearview mirror and it's so convenient and easy to use. I don't know whether to buy this car or not now, I just don't want to accidentally break my favorite glasses from an online store with sunglasses for men.
Here is what I got online, glasses stored

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 71