This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

White Limited Palisade Owners - Help Needed (Car in Bodyshop)

Espley4

Reaction score
My 3wk old white limited was hit four weeks ago (rear ended). After it being in the shop forever it was supposed to be done today. The paint job was terrible so we had to leave it there to be painted again.

The backup sensors (white) did not look like they matched well. Can you please post a picture of the back of your Palisade if you have a white limited so I can see if the round sensors should perfectly match the color. Maybe comment and tell me too? There aren't any on lots for me to go check out. I really appreciate your help. I have been without my baby now longer than I had it all because some loser on their phone plowed into me fully stopped sitting at a light 😭

I added a photo. The Palisade took the impact so well. I was hit by a Dodge Charger going pretty fast (I was stopped). The Dodge Charger was messed up - hood all folded up, extensive bumper damage, etc. The cop was actually surprised the Charger was able to drive away.

Attachments

FFEMT6

Reaction score
My 3wk old white limited was hit four weeks ago (rear ended). After it being in the shop forever it was supposed to be done today. The paint job was terrible so we had to leave it there to be painted again.

The backup sensors (white) did not look like they matched well. Can you please post a picture of the back of your Palisade if you have a white limited so I can see if the round sensors should perfectly match the color. Maybe comment and tell me too? There aren't any on lots for me to go check out. I really appreciate your help. I have been without my baby now longer than I had it all because some loser on their phone plowed into me fully stopped sitting at a light 😭

I added a photo. The Palisade took the impact so well. I was hit by a Dodge Charger going pretty fast (I was stopped). The Dodge Charger was messed up - hood all folded up, extensive bumper damage, etc. The cop was actually surprised the Charger was able to drive away.
That's terrible, I am so sorry you have had to experience that as a new owner. I have a hyper white SEL, but since it is not body color in that area in the SEL, that does you no good.

FFEMT6

Reaction score

Here is one found when I searched online though.

Attachments

Espley4

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The paint job they did on all new parts (back door, bumper, etc) was completely the wrong paint. It had grey/silver specks all over it. Being that my car was brand new I won't be taking it back in any lesser condition. They're going to have to get it back to it's original condition. I'll have my husband call them Monday and mention the sensors needing to match too.

steelers

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The paint job they did on all new parts (back door, bumper, etc) was completely the wrong paint. It had grey/silver specks all over it. Being that my car was brand new I won't be taking it back in any lesser condition. They're going to have to get it back to it's original condition. I'll have my husband call them Monday and mention the sensors needing to match too.
Request a better bodyshop....It can be done correctly by someone who knows what they are doing..

davida1234

Reaction score
I agree with steelers. And it looks like it is solely an insurance issue.

I had a great high end body shop (Bentleys, Lambos) and they didn't have a contract with my insurance at the time when I took my damaged VW CC for a nasty accident which wasn't my fault. They did a fantastic job with all encompassing details including a frame stretch, undistinguishable from new, and the insurance had to pay something like 14k for the repair. Unfortunately, my wife had also an accident a year or so later, also not her fault, and I brought her car to the same shop. The shop owner pulled me aside and told me that the insurance company had signed a contract with them in the mean time and that he now would have to work within the insurance's guidelines. Which is the absolute minimum amount of repair and nothing else.

Ask for another repair shop. Or, better yet, find one which is not contracted with your insurance company if they allow that. Mine did.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Espley4

Reaction score
Could someone check one more thing -- Thank you all for your replies. Finally got my Palisade back. However, it's missing the two screws or plugs right inside the back liftgate in the roof AND it appears something is missing in the back gate itself. I'm going to post a picture. I've googled, but not come up with the shot I need. Should there be something here in this hole? Maybe a safety latch? Any help is appreciated so I can get the shop to order this part as well 🙄 (The photo is taken looking up at the open gate). If anyone could check theirs and send me a pic of what or if something should be here thank you!

Attachments

Espley4

Reaction score
I agree with steelers. And it looks like it is solely an insurance issue.

I had a great high end body shop (Bentleys, Lambos) and they didn't have a contract with my insurance at the time when I took my damaged VW CC for a nasty accident which wasn't my fault. They did a fantastic job with all encompassing details including a frame stretch, undistinguishable from new, and the insurance had to pay something like 14k for the repair. Unfortunately, my wife had also an accident a year or so later, also not her fault, and I brought her car to the same shop. The shop owner pulled me aside and told me that the insurance company had signed a contract with them in the mean time and that he now would have to work within the insurance's guidelines. Which is the absolute minimum amount of repair and nothing else.

Ask for another repair shop. Or, better yet, find one which is not contracted with your insurance company if they allow that. Mine did.
I can say I will never go with this shop again!! We've used them before and they were great. This time was terrible. It took a month, and a week of that was because of subpar work. Also, I think something is missing from the inside of the liftgate possibly. Just made a new comment on this thread.

saxman242

Reaction score
Could someone check one more thing -- Thank you all for your replies. Finally got my Palisade back. However, it's missing the two screws or plugs right inside the back liftgate in the roof AND it appears something is missing in the back gate itself. I'm going to post a picture. I've googled, but not come up with the shot I need. Should there be something here in this hole? Maybe a safety latch? Any help is appreciated so I can get the shop to order this part as well 🙄 (The photo is taken looking up at the open gate). If anyone could check theirs and send me a pic of what or if something should be here thank you!
Nope, nothing is supposed to be there. It's for sticking your key in.

1585009679118.png

SADIE2020

Reaction score

Hope this helps

Attachments

Zenar

Reaction score
Thats normal