Wind noise in Hyundai Palisade

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

G

G-428871

I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise. Is this normal?

Note: TSB (technical service bulletin) here:

Possible fix for wind noise related to the side mirrors here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Baich

Reaction score
Is anybody else experiencing a very loud wind noise on the driver side of the car at higher speeds. Mine is so loud it hurts my ears. I am going to take it to the dealer, but wondered if anyone else was experiencing it or took it into the dealer.

Soniczpeed

Reaction score
I started noticing the wind noise as well on my side when i reach speeds of 70 and above. Its not very loud but I can definitely hear it. Sounds like a sealing problem by the window glass. Going to dealership as well to get it checked out.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Soniczpeed

Reaction score
I read some threads that both the Telluride and the Palisade have these problems. Some are stating it is the trim on the door pillar that is causing the wind noise and simply fixing the trim eliminates the noise.

Burghfan

Reaction score
Wind noise on the driver side definitely feels louder than it should be. It's far from unbearable for me but I will likely reach out to my dealer as well.

Limited AWD Owner

Reaction score
I did notice some wind noise from drive side, and it might be slightly higher than my Lexus RX. However, most of the time I'm driving with the radio on , so I don't have any wind noise then!

Jharn

Reaction score
I have a Palisade Limited, I do not hear much wind noise at any speed, but I do get some road noise from the tires. Over all the cabin is relatively quiet.

G

G-246730

I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise. Is this normal?
I have a lot of wind noise also!! Hoping they have a fix soon.

Thisispalisade

Reaction score
What I am experiencing

Hyundai Canada hi tech is involved in my issue and looking at a fix

I don’t know how much longer I can take it

2020 luxury awd I have

Thisispalisade

Reaction score
Is anybody else experiencing a very loud wind noise on the driver side of the car at higher speeds. Mine is so loud it hurts my ears. I am going to take it to the dealer, but wondered if anyone else was experiencing it or took it into the dealer.
has anything been done with your problem

and where are you located

I am from Ontario Canada near Toronto

Thisispalisade

Reaction score
Wind noise on the driver side definitely feels louder than it should be. It's far from unbearable for me but I will likely reach out to my dealer as well.
Let me know what your dealer says

I know my case is far up to Hyundai Canada

if they can’t find a fix or resolution I’m going after them for a replacement