This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Wind noise in Hyundai Palisade

Dan

Reaction score
I found the fix for under $5. 3M Painters tape. Just tape up the entire front driver and front passenger windows, problem solved. It reduces the wind noise Down to nothing. Email me and I’ll send you the step by step instructions on how to do it, lol. Anybody got the email address for corporate. I want to send this to them.
Still aggravated!!!
90DC8BBA-FC6B-4C1C-BA86-62ADB7EBCABC.jpeg 6C1A8456-6EDF-4B49-BB7C-54ED49C1C4C8.jpeg 5511DFFA-7BD3-4637-B74C-555BC8296F75.jpeg 269AE425-D417-4C20-8DB4-38F09CBF1727.jpeg 269AE425-D417-4C20-8DB4-38F09CBF1727.jpeg Stil

Woody

Reaction score
I found the fix for under $5. 3M Painters tape. Just tape up the entire front driver and front passenger windows, problem solved. It reduces the wind noise Down to nothing. Email me and I’ll send you the step by step instructions on how to do it, lol. Anybody got the email address for corporate. I want to send this to them.
Still aggravated!!!
View attachment 623 View attachment 624 View attachment 625 View attachment 626 View attachment 626 Stil
What kind of drugs are you taking?

steelers

Reaction score
Still aggravated!!!
View attachment 623 View attachment 624 View attachment 625 View attachment 626 View attachment 626 Stil
Can I use Scotch tape...or the clear packaging tape...my Palisade is white with grey interior...the blue tape would look awful.

steelers

Reaction score
Still aggravated!!!
Hey I got an idea...you could put together a wind noise kit..with various tapes and scissors and sell them..
Hey Dan, good work, you probably have found the problem, now we have to wait for Hyundia to refit the window seals
The next and newest Design Eng. at Hyundai...

The_Tripzter

Reaction score
Hello,

I waited 3 weeks for the door window runner to arrive. Took another week to make appointment. Took a half day off from work. I arrived at stealership and awaited installation of runner. Instead, the tech contacted the Tech Center, who notified him the TSB was suspended. The Service Advisor then informed me the installation of runner was cancelled due to the TSB suspension, and their apprehension the installation of runner would reduce or eliminate wind noise.

So, as many of you, I await Hyundai's fix. I don't have a whistling noise, but on windy days, its bad. It's actually quieter outside the vehicle than inside during high wind episodes. It is said Patience is a virtue, and we should wait on Hyundai's fix. But the only ones I know who have patients are Doctors.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ronliz82

Reaction score
Hello,

I waited 3 weeks for the door window runner to arrive. Took another week to make appointment. Took a half day off from work. I arrived at stealership and awaited installation of runner. Instead, the tech contacted the Tech Center, who notified him the TSB was suspended. The Service Advisor then informed me the installation of runner was cancelled due to the TSB suspension, and their apprehension the installation of runner would reduce or eliminate wind noise.

So, as many of you, I await Hyundai's fix. I don't have a whistling noise, but on windy days, its bad. It's actually quieter outside the vehicle than inside during high wind episodes. It is said Patience is a virtue, and we should wait on Hyundai's fix. But the only ones I know who have patients are Doctors.

There is definitely a miss communication issue with Hyundai. Corporate case manager said the TSB is not suspended. Then the tech center says it is. This problem is going to cost them a lot.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
How can they release a car with a major problem, not to mention the numerous rattles and Bluetooth problems-Poor quality control
Not sure I follow. The only issue I have had is the whistling wind noise, which was pretty much resolved with the small amount of foam at the leading edge of the window channel. Not a single rattle though, and bluetooth has been flawless. Very happy so far.

steelers

Reaction score
Hello,

To clear this tbs issue up....was there a posting with an official document stating that the tbs was suspended ? If true why the heck is Corp. Saying the opposite...all they do is add to the frustration...as I have suggested..a good auto body shop could correct this...

FFEMT6

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Corporate. Had a Case open regarding the wind/whistle noise. The case manager ensured me that the TSB is still valid and that any service department is obligated to conduct repairs if the issue is confirmed. That if any service dealership turn down repair or say the TSB is suspended to call back to her direct line. She offered me to take it to the dealership where I bough it from or to a closer dealership. Chose the closer dealership and have an appointment March 5th for diagnosis.
This kind of concerns me. The foam fix was in our Palisade at delivery, so I believe this is actually working for us. We still have minimal wind whistling, but nothing like some have described here. I would like a more permanent and well finished fix, but am afraid that the current/suspended (maybe) tsb might actually make it worse, as has been described by other owner's on this site. To hear you found out from the case manager that the TSB that has not been working in all cases is not suspended, simply means there might not be any real fix in the works at the moment. I wonder what will come first, a fix for our wind noise issue, or a cure for the Novel Corona Virus.

steelers

Reaction score
This kind of concerns me. The foam fix was in our Palisade at delivery, so I believe this is actually working for us. We still have minimal wind whistling, but nothing like some have described here. I would like a more permanent and well finished fix, but am afraid that the current/suspended (maybe) tsb might actually make it worse, as has been described by other owner's on this site. To hear you found out from the case manager that the TSB that has not been working in all cases is not suspended, simply means there might not be any real fix in the works at the moment. I wonder what will come first, a fix for our wind noise issue, or a cure for the Novel Corona Virus.
My money goes on the virus cure....there already is a cure for wind noise..dont drive the car...

blueyed52

Reaction score
So is the TSB suspended? I took mine in this past Monday and they said they couldn't do anything until a new TSB was issued. I am driving from Chicago to Orlando for spring break and it needs to be fixed before then.

blueyed52

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Corporate. Had a Case open regarding the wind/whistle noise. The case manager ensured me that the TSB is still valid and that any service department is obligated to conduct repairs if the issue is confirmed. That if any service dealership turn down repair or say the TSB is suspended to call back to her direct line. She offered me to take it to the dealership where I bough it from or to a closer dealership. Chose the closer dealership and have an appointment March 5th for diagnosis.
What is her direct line???

blueyed52

Reaction score
Suspended TSB?

I brought in my palisade to get the wind noise checked out and I shared the TSB 19-BD-010H with the technician. He told me the TSB was suspended at the moment. Anyone else been told the same thing? Thx
Got the same answer on MOnday.

steelers

Reaction score
So is the TSB suspended? I took mine in this past Monday and they said they couldn't do anything until a new TSB was issued. I am driving from Chicago to Orlando for spring break and it needs to be fixed before then.
Safe drive to Orlando...if the wind noise resolve comes out from Hyundai prior to your trip...I will pay for your gas..lol. I suggest you load up on painters tape..