Wind noise in Hyundai Palisade

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

meramo

Reaction score
There is the objective and subjective thing to it.

Speaking about German or British luxury cars for over 80k, they do feel much better inside than any Hyundai. I used to drive X5 F15 Individual trim bi-turbo diesel (back in Europe) before, and I don't feel as good in my Pali as I felt in my BMW - the ride quality, quietness, seats comfort, infotainment, the way everything organized - I do like it much much better.
But the thing wasn't reliable at all. Luckily for me it was quite cheap to fix it in Europe.

So if I could spend 70-80k for a brand new X5/X7 over Pali, I would do it without even thinking a sec - that's a totally different kind of car. Yes it won't be as reliable and I would probably need to visit a shop more often, but I don't care. It just makes me feel better. Same for Mercedes GLS or RR.

But would I buy one for this kind of money? Defintiely not!

So imagine you're getting a car for free and you have a choice between the Pali and something more luxurious

Julia

Reaction score
You mean like when you post "facts" like an over-inflated count of TSBs for the Palisade, conveniently ignoring that most are procedural in nature and cover multiple Hyundai models? Or "facts" like you saying that Hyundai engineers don't know what they're doing?

It's incredible how you're able to post well-informed and reasonable posts one day, then go way overboard the next by attacking everyone who disagrees with you and twisting what they say. You've done it to me and you're doing it to Sax now.

By the way, maybe you should read the link below: BMW X7 wind noise from side mirror. They're not immune either. And while that may not be as widespread an issue on the X7 as it is on the Palisade, it's also not a problem on every Palisade either. With well over 50k Palisades in the US today, it's pretty clear that a lot of people are not experiencing the issue. This forum is a tiny subset of owners, far from being representative of everyone's experience. I don't have a wind noise problem on my Palisade.

BMW X7 forum post about wind noise:
Do you have AWD or FWD? Thanks!

CVP33

Reaction score
BMW is renowned for quality and yet has 3 times the number of recalls when compared to Hyundai motors offerings. Why overpay for a vehicle like the BMW X7 that is just going to be sitting at the dealer getting recall work done while you are forced to drive a BMW loaner vehicle. We had our new wheels mounted yesterday and they put my wife is a 7 series sedan......a sedan!? We bought an SUV for a reason! And I wonder what they’re hiding with no safety rating? Hmmmmm.

Just another example of Hyundai quality AND value! You go Hyundai. And I’ll bet the Hyundai vehicles never have another recall. Some on here just complain a lot about these vehicles and to them I just say you need to just get use to some quirkiness and stop complaining.

Julia

Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry about your BMW issues! I had a loaded x5 previously and honestly, I prefer the Palisade. I did get loaners a few times with the x5, but not due to mechanical issues. My loaners were small sedans and an x1. I only had to have them for 2 days at the most. I'm like you and your wife--bought a bigger SUV because THAT'S what I want to drive. I hope your BMW issues get worked out soon!

I do appreciate your reply, and I do know that a "nothing" to some is a deal-breaker to others, so I plan to simply enjoy the heck out of my Palisade!

CVP33

Reaction score
BMW sucks! You all are lucky to have the Hyundai palisade.I just wish so many people would stop complaining about it it’s a great vehicle! Value for money, a great amenities, no other vehicle is better than the Hyundai palisade.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
BMW sucks! You all are lucky to have the Hyundai palisade.I just wish so many people would stop complaining about it it’s a great vehicle! Value for money, a great amenities, no other vehicle is better than the Hyundai palisade.
Your killing me smalls. 😜

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!