This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Wind noise in Palisade

Elitewillie

Reaction score
Purchased Limited AWD less than a week ago and have the same wind issue. It’s annoying as hell. Will he taking in next week. It’s really not acceptable.

steelers

Reaction score
Purchased Limited AWD less than a week ago and have the same wind issue. It’s annoying as hell. Will he taking in next week. It’s really not acceptable.
Curious...what was your build date...? As stated ..first day with mine ..no problem so far....did you test drive prior to purchase ?

Mickey

Reaction score

For those of you having the wind/whistling noise on the drivers side window, does it go away (or significantly decrease) when the heat/AC is turned off?

Shaniqua74

Reaction score
For those of you having the wind/whistling noise on the drivers side window, does it go away (or significantly decrease) when the heat/AC is turned off?
I did not notice a difference with or without ac on. But the manufacturer is aware of this issue and they are able to repair it. It took 2 trips to service department, but the second time around they kept car for a week, spent time directly in contact with engineers at Hyundai and they resolved the issue on my limited, so far no problem since they did repair.

steelers

Reaction score
I did not notice a difference with or without ac on. But the manufacturer is aware of this issue and they are able to repair it. It took 2 trips to service department, but the second time around they kept car for a week, spent time directly in contact with engineers at Hyundai and they resolved the issue on my limited, so far no problem since they did repair.
Based on the tsb. Why would that job take a week ...good grief..so many appear to have this issue..service should have the damn parts in stock and fix it..I would think a auto body repairman ..could look at both tsb and have the repair done in two hours...if this wind crap starts on mine new limited I am not going to drop mine off at dealer for a freaking week to get fixed ...good luck fellow owners...

Elitewillie

Reaction score
Based on the tsb. Why would that job take a week ...good grief..so many appear to have this issue..service should have the damn parts in stock and fix it..I would think a auto body repairman ..could look at both tsb and have the repair done in two hours...if this wind crap starts on mine new limited I am not going to drop mine off at dealer for a freaking week to get fixed ...good luck fellow owners...
yeah I’m not leaving mine for a week if they don’t give me a loaner that’s equal or better this is crap for a brand new car.

Rickh

Reaction score
I have a limited comming in in the next few weeks. I think to be safe I am going to cancel my order until I know they have a real fix in place. I here other people are also holding off until this is resolved. Too bad this will cause Hyundai to lose sales to the competition that could have been avoided if they quicklly responded to know issue.

Mickey

Reaction score
Which competitor? Tellurides have the same problem and they were available several months before the Palisades.

Rickh

Reaction score
The more people do there homework and hear about both Kia and Hyundai problem with the wind noise it will effect sales. They are already battling being precived as a quality car manufacturer and unfortunatly this ongoing problem wont help their case. I am a Lexus and Audi owner and I have always enjoyed their quite ride. I dont care if the Palisade is up to $20,000 less if the car you are driving is so noisy it is not enjoyable to drive and you have to appoligize to your passangers about the excessive wind noise. I truley hope they get this resolved as I would like to buy the Palisde. Its an incrediable value if they get this noise problem resolved.

G

G-527649

Is anybody else experiencing a very loud wind noise on the driver side of the car at higher speeds. Mine is so loud it hurts my ears. I am going to take it to the dealer, but wondered if anyone else was experiencing it or took it into the dealer.
Yes!!!

Eric2203

Reaction score
The more people do there homework and hear about both Kia and Hyundai problem with the wind noise it will effect sales. They are already battling being precived as a quality car manufacturer and unfortunatly this ongoing problem wont help their case. I am a Lexus and Audi owner and I have always enjoyed their quite ride. I dont care if the Palisade is up to $20,000 less if the car you are driving is so noisy it is not enjoyable to drive and you have to appoligize to your passangers about the excessive wind noise. I truley hope they get this resolved as I would like to buy the Palisde. Its an incrediable value if they get this noise problem resolved.
Stop posting this everywhere. You’re trying to make it sound like it’s unresolved. There is a fix. It’s been posted here. There’s a TSB for the fix.

Djc

Reaction score
You are making excuses for the incompetence of Hyundai in letting this issue continue as long as it has. When will it be the safe date to get a Palisade that will be absolutely correctec from the factory? Seems there still must be a number of defective units in the pipeline. Your assumption is that there are competent dealers, obviously that is not the case with a vehicle being held for a week or so. E sounds like a Hyundai representative!!!

G

G-838079

Thanks for your comment. I spoke with Hyundai customer service today and apparently they don’t know about a permanently fix yet. There response was talk with your dealer. If it was truly fixed I would think they would be first to know since they are Hyundai customer service.

Rickh

Reaction score
Djc, thanks for your comments. I spoke with Hyundai customer service this afternoon and they had no information on a permenent fix. Their response was to talk to a local dealer. Since they are the direct link to the consumer for the Hyundai factory and everyone acknowledges it is a know problem you would think they would be first to know that the TSB 100% fixed the problem and all cars now being shipped will not have the problem anymore? I then called a dealer and he also said he has no idea if the problem is 100% resolved since they have not heard anything either from the factory representatives informing them that all Palisades shipped now will not have this problem anymore. It would be nice if a verifiable factory representative would chime in and let us know what is happening? I have not seen a single thread from the Factory or a dealer that says there no longer is a problem and they 100% have a fix for those cars currently owned by customers with this problem?

Eric2203

Reaction score
You are making excuses for the incompetence of Hyundai in letting this issue continue as long as it has. When will it be the safe date to get a Palisade that will be absolutely correctec from the factory? Seems there still must be a number of defective units in the pipeline. Your assumption is that there are competent dealers, obviously that is not the case with a vehicle being held for a week or so. E sounds like a Hyundai representative!!!
So just because I disagree I must be a representative? That’s ridiculous. And I’ve had my fair share of issues with Hyundai on another one that I own.

I don’t know what you people want. There is a fix out. People have reported success with the TSB on this very forum. What more do you want?

There’s never going to be a date where you’ll get a car free of defect from the factory. If it’s not this issue, then it’ll be something else. Like the blind spot monitoring for which they’ve already issued a fix. There are so many parts and so much software on these cars, there are issues that haven’t yet been found. I guarantee it. If you want a palisade, buy it.

I have another Hyundai that is on its second motor because Hyundai screwed up. I can blame them when necessary. This isn’t one of those times. There’s a fix out for Christ’s sake.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Djc, thanks for your comments. I spoke with Hyundai customer service this afternoon and they had no information on a permenent fix. Their response was to talk to a local dealer. Since they are the direct link to the consumer for the Hyundai factory and everyone acknowledges it is a know problem you would think they would be first to know that the TSB 100% fixed the problem and all cars now being shipped will not have the problem anymore? I then called a dealer and he also said he has no idea if the problem is 100% resolved since they have not heard anything either from the factory representatives informing them that all Palisades shipped now will not have this problem anymore. It would be nice if a verifiable factory representative would chime in and let us know what is happening? I have not seen a single thread from the Factory or a dealer that says there no longer is a problem and they 100% have a fix for those cars currently owned by customers with this problem?
Nobody has said that the TSB didn’t fix their issue.

steelers

Reaction score
Nobody has said that the TSB didn’t fix their issue.
I suggested ..take the Palisade that you are about to purchase for a test drive,as I did two days ago.If everything seems fine..go ahead and purchase.
Of course issues may arise later..but not to test drive is foolish ..

Djc

Reaction score
Driving Acura MDX, just turned in Nissan on lease. Neither vehicle ever in for anything but normal service. Amazing I am still considering a Limited after all these problems. Guess will wait another month, maybe factory will correct wind issue permanently. Have looked at all competitors, Limited still top of list.

Shaniqua74

Reaction score
I love my limited. The wind noise issue is annoying, but after recent repair it's seems virtually resolved. I say this because I still hear a little wind rushing noise at high speeds, but usually I'm listening to radio and don't notice. Only if I'm in total silence. The palisade otherwise is a pleasure to drive, has tons of ultra updated tech and safety features I love. Don't give up on it! I think Hyundai is working hard to fix this. Good luck to all!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!