Window Sticker Info

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Rich

Reaction score
I have figured out information that I feel may be helpful for those that have ordered or waiting on Palisades (or other Hyundai vehicles shipped). Perhaps others have also figured this out, but I haven't seen anything like this by searching the web...

This is the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) I believe is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed TOMAR.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... https://www.vesselfinder.com/
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
PH = USPHL (Philly)

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached window sticker info.gif

Last edited:

Stormy

Reaction score
I have figured out information that I feel may be helpful for those that have ordered or waiting on Palisades (or other Hyundai vehicles shipped). Perhaps others have also figured this out, but I haven't seen anything like this by searching the web...

This is the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) I believe is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed TOMAR.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... https://www.vesselfinder.com/
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
PH = USPHL (Philly)

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached View attachment 218
Great information! I was able to determine that my Palisade Limited AWD will arrive at the Benicia CA port on October 25, two days from now. Then it is a truck ride from there to Las Vegas. Can hardly contain myself.

Gary

Reaction score
When is the window sticker put on the vehicle?
What Hyundai website do I use to track a vin #?

Stormy

Reaction score
I got it from the dealer when I made the deposit on a Palisade they hadn’t yet received. I suppose they get a copy when the vehicle is being shipped or somewhere along the timeline.

Rich

Reaction score

I believe the sticker is on the vehicle after it's built and before it's loaded on ship. The Electronic version (PDF) is released somewhere between 10 days and 2 weeks (estimate) before it's in port. That's how I was able to get the info. The vehicle during the search showed up "In Transit". The vehicle disappears from inventory search after it's unloaded at dock and mine didn't reappear until it was "Located at Dealer" status, and it was physically at the dealership.

Gary

Reaction score
The one I'm looking at was made on Oct 4th and in port on Oct13. 9 days to cross the pond. I thought it would be longer than that.
The ship was the glovi. Could find it because the shipping line is called glovi with a number of ships. I found the port (PT) Portland OR.
Thanks for all the info. It was fun tracking the information on the sticker.

steelers

Reaction score
Great information! I was able to determine that my Palisade Limited AWD will arrive at the Benicia CA port on October 25, two days from now. Then it is a truck ride from there to Las Vegas. Can hardly contain myself.
This system does not work in my case..my limited is due at dealer mid January..# read 344 A. 3650..... can not be possible

Rich

Reaction score
This system does not work in my case..my limited is due at dealer mid January..# read 344 A. 3650..... can not be possible
Looks like it will arrive in port on Dec 31st, but that doesn't mean it will be at the dealership then. So 2 weeks to dealer sounds about right.

steelers

Reaction score
Looks like it will arrive in port on Dec 31st, but that doesn't mean it will be at the dealership then. So 2 weeks to dealer sounds about right.
Tks..you are correct...January 14th.est.to arrive at dealer...first thing I will be checking is build date inside the door..then inspection of paint .. glass..tires..and interior...then are drive at highway speed...if all in good order..I hand over the check ..

rcwxok

Reaction score
I'd appreciate some help interpreting this code as to where my vehicle is and when I can expect it. I put down a deposit on this vehicle last week, and it showed up in the dealer inventory shortly thereafter. I'm in Oklahoma, and given the recent weather and energy issues across OK/TX I understand there may be a delay. If the VIN release date is Jan 21 and the port expected date is Jan 18, that doesn't make sense. And there are a lot of ships matching HORIZ. Thanks.
21 S 0181VHORIZ

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!