Windshield wipers coming on in auto when totally dry.

Julia

Reaction score
EXACTLY. I miss ours everyday. Just keep reading the threads and you’ll see......there are absolutely no issues with the Palisade.
Hehe, I meant exterior and interior colors when I said that.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Eric, thank you so much! I just love my car! Thanks for taking the time to write all this--I TRULY appreciate it! Yes, I'll just enjoy the heck out of my new car--which I am... I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

Again, I truly appreciate that you took the time to put the "myriad of issues" into perspective!
You’re welcome. These forums are always best taken with a grain of salt or you’ll drive yourself crazy looking for every little problem that someone posts about on here on your own car.

Enjoy the car!

PS: sorry about typos in my previous post. Auto-correct made a mess of it.

Julia

Reaction score
PS: sorry about typos in my previous post. Auto-correct made a mess of it.
I

You're so right regarding forums and my car, and I will heed your advice 👍.

Eric, auto-correct can be just awful(ly hilarious)! When my daughter was 26 I ended a text with "Mommy adores you!" My auto-correct changed it to "Mommy adopted you!" That could've really been unfortunate, lol! So funny! She also never called me "Mommy", we're just silly sometimes!

tryceo

Reaction score
You are suppose to turn it on auto when it's raining, otherwise, just use off. It uses a camera sensor I believe to check for rain, which means it's not accurate.

CVP33

Reaction score
You are suppose to turn it on auto when it's raining, otherwise, just use off. It uses a camera sensor I believe to check for rain, which means it's not accurate.

If true, that explains a lot. Lexus, BMW, Chevrolet, Jeep, Toyota, Volvo, Mazda, Ford, Chrysler, Mercedes and nearly all other manufacturers allow and recommend you leave the wipers in AUTO so that the come on “automatically”. Ours failed because even in the rain their frequency of swipe never matched the intensity of the rain. In fact they were the worst at keeping the windshield clear. It was either too little or too much. Our 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokees are perfect at this. Certainly after 7 years Hyundai engineers can figure this one out?

Eric2203

Reaction score
If true, that explains a lot. Lexus, BMW, Chevrolet, Jeep, Toyota, Volvo, Mazda, Ford, Chrysler, Mercedes and nearly all other manufacturers allow and recommend you leave the wipers in AUTO so that the come on “automatically”. Ours failed because even in the rain their frequency of swipe never matched the intensity of the rain. In fact they were the worst at keeping the windshield clear. It was either too little or too much. Our 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokees are perfect at this. Certainly after 7 years Hyundai engineers can figure this one out?
Yes they can figure it out. Ours doesn’t have that issue. You got a lemon. Doesn’t mean every other Palisade is affected. I know you can’t seem to grasp this, but lemons do happen and do not represent the rest of the population.

CVP33

Reaction score
Too many problems, too many posts. The wind noise is 7 months old. Gotta get a fix.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Too many problems, too many posts. The wind noise is 7 months old. Gotta get a fix.
Yes the wind noise is getting a little long in the tooth. Others that you’ve mentioned have been addressed (blind spot, AWD vibration) or are only experienced by you.

CVP33

Reaction score
There are several posters with blind spot warning and driveshaft vibrations. Just do a quick search.

Eric2203

Reaction score
There are several posters with blind spot warning and driveshaft vibrations. Just do a quick search.
I didn’t say otherwise. I said they have already been addressed. Reading comprehension a problem for you?

G

G-151476

Has any one else had an issue with their windshield wipers coming on for one wipe when in auto on a completely dry day? I've had a limited that I bought on july 18th that if I have the wipers in auto on a totally dry day they wipe one time and it can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes apart with no rhyme or reason. I live in Reno (very dry climate) and we spent a few weeks in Phoenix also very dry. I haven't told the dealer yet since we just got back home. Just wondering if any one else has experienced this.
I have a 2020 Tucson Ultimate, the rain sensing wipers seem to have a mind of their own, pouring down rain...nothing, a day like yesterday, sunny and not a cloud in the sky I get a single wipe three different times. The dealership claims that they had never heard of this issue, and everything checked out fine?

msp363

Reaction score
Just got our recall letter yesterday on this issue but they say they still have no fix for the problem. We shall wait and see...

3sons66

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tucson Ultimate, the rain sensing wipers seem to have a mind of their own, pouring down rain...nothing, a day like yesterday, sunny and not a cloud in the sky I get a single wipe three different times. The dealership claims that they had never heard of this issue, and everything checked out fine?
Happens all the time in my 2022 Palisade. 99% of the time it does it when sunny and I go under an underpass or under a shaded area on the road.

Tristar

Reaction score
This system is very aggravating to me. I wish we had an old fashioned adjustable "Mist" setting. Even my 1969 Fiat 124 Spyder had it. This is 2022!