Wireless Apple Car Play on Calligraphy?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Mike99

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 Ultimate Calligraphy Palisade (Canada) today, taking delivery on Monday. I forgot to ask at the dealership, but is Apple car play wireless? Or does the phone have to be plugged in?

Eric2203

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 Ultimate Calligraphy Palisade (Canada) today, taking delivery on Monday. I forgot to ask at the dealership, but is Apple car play wireless? Or does the phone have to be plugged in?
You have to plug it in. Only the low-end infotainment system without nav gets wireless CarPlay for 2021 (because it’s a new system for this model year, whereas the nav one is slightly older).

Mike99

Reaction score
You have to plug it in. Only the low-end infotainment system without nav gets wireless CarPlay for 2021 (because it’s a new system for this model year, whereas the nav one is slightly older).
Thanks for the quick explanation Eric. I couldn’t figure out why the lower end version gets this “higher” end better system. But that makes sense given the newer system on the lower models. I’ll gladly give up the wireless Apple car play for the extra goodies in the Calligraphy model.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!