This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Wireless Car Play on Apple or Android

JeremyTD

Reaction score
I think this looks interesting. It's being talked about in the Genesis Forums too. Post #8 of this thread is one of the only "reviews" I've seen.

Reaction score
Thats really Cool. Course then you can't charge on the port in question. Anyone know I how many of the 3 Front row USB ports work with Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I think it just the one my the couple holders but I have not tested. Also anyone try USB Hub. Course then charging may be an issue as well.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Thats really Cool. Course then you can't charge on the port in question. Anyone know I how many of the 3 Front row USB ports work with Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I think it just the one my the couple holders but I have not tested. Also anyone try USB Hub. Course then charging may be an issue as well.
Only the one by the cup holders has the data lines hooked up. The other ones are for power only, even the one that's under the center console.

Pasilade

Reaction score
Reaction score
Don’t think any one taken plunge here. I also email the company some questions got no answer yet. Best I can tell there is a pass through if u need to go back to wired.

JeremyTD

Reaction score
A few people in the Genesis Forum have gotten it. They say it works but there is a good 1-2 second delay when performing actions such as forwarding to the next song etc.

Reaction score
Thanks any links? I like the idea of it. Naturally would have to add a wireless charger or defeat the purpose when I want to keep my phone topped off. Course could also plug in

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Reaction score
Thanks. Would love to know if it has pass though. There customer service seems shallow they never answered my questions. Posted again. Thats for sales not service. Ugg.

JeremyTD

Reaction score
Yes, I’m still a little wary on getting it.

Update: Ah, hell. I ordered it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did finally here back from carply2air support today. They asked me what I wanted to do with the pass though port. I was like well at a minimum run a wireless charger. Use a wired connection sometimes. etc.

saxman242

Reaction score
Perhaps I've missed it, but why do you need to run a wireless charger when there is already one in the center console?

Reaction score
So carply2air takes up that port, the only data port and the only charge port in that compartment.

There is routing hole between lower and upper compartments but not under arm rest one so you could use for charge only those.

Who wants to have to pull out
carply2air to charge or use wired.

I looked online most other of these sort of devices only work with android OS based head units even some OEM ones. The others do provide some sort of pass through and are updated via usb sticks.

JeremyTD

Reaction score
Here is my initial review. Disclaimer: I tested it in my G70 with an iPhone 11 Pro. It's a Christmas present to go in the Palisade so I'll report back again after Christmas on how it works in it.

Setup was easy. If you can connect blue tooth devices to each other you've got this.

Texting worked just fine. There's a bit of a delay as the system is working but I don't think it's any worse than when it's wired in.

Changing songs is a very noticeable delay. Regardless of whether I use the screen or the steering toggle I can see the song change on the screen and a second or two later the song changes.

Receiving phone calls is just fine. I was worried there would be a delay in the conversation but it's no worse than any other blue tooth connected device I've used. The big drawback is when I use a command to make a call it doesn't go through. This happens if I use the button on the steering wheel or if I use the microphone button on the screen to activate Siri. The screen says it's calling my contact but when they answer we are unable to hear each other. If my contact calls me I can answer the call with no problem. If I use the screen to go to my Phone then Contacts and select that contact it makes the call with no problem. 've been trouble shooting it but I haven't discovered anything just yet that would cause the system to do that.

I like to use Waze as my navigation guide and it also worked just fine.

Not being able to make phone calls is an issue. It will be interesting to see what happens with the unit in the Palisade. I don't make too many calls in my car and when I do I can use the recent calls list. That doesn't excuse that it doesn't work, of course. I've not heard of anyone else having issues so if it doesn't work in the Palisade maybe a simple exchange will work.

Likes: Doesn't have to be connected to a wire and charge when I don't want the phone charged. I can utilize the wireless charger for myself or a passenger and still use CarPlay.
Dislikes: Not being able to use a voice command to make a call. The delay in song changes, but again that's not too bad. Initial connection can take a while but that seems to be speeding up. Maybe as the devices learn each other?

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed review even it was from your Genesis for now (what year is your Genesis the AV is pretty similar).

If you have the time can u test the pass through USB port. I only have a non optioned SEL so i would like to add a wireless charger without having to rely on the other USB ports in other compartments. I do wonder as well as an aside if one could hub any of the USB ports including data. That would be another way to go. Past a certain amperage you probably have to use a powered HUB.

O a side note carply2air claims their device handshakes over bluetooth and then uses Wifi for the communicaitons.

I have corresponded some with carply2air their not very knowledgable about their own product. The last response that I got to the pass through question was they did not know, that the port was mostly for Android Auto which required a wired connection. Which confuses me anyway. The why would you even use need carply2air in a car like the Palisade that supports android auto wired.