Wireless Car Play on Apple or Android

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

DrShotsPHD

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered the CPLAY2air adapter. After reading up on this on various forums it appears that after the latest firmware update most of the issues go away. While I could have bought a cheaper one as it appears that this company just rebranded a different adapter I decided that due to the firmware updates it made sense to spend a bit more. I'll let you guys know of my impressions once I get it.

https://carplay2air.com/

JeremyTD

Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t made any updates. I had been away over Christmas in Olympic National Park with no cell reception. Then back to work and catching up while making an assessment on the device in the Palisade.

Unfortunately, we haven’t had much luck with the CarPlay2air in the Palisade. It just doesn’t seem to want to connect at all. When it finally does, it doesn’t want to accept voice commands Such as, “Call John.” Or, “Text John.” It has been very frustrating to use. Sadly, we decided to return it which has been just as frustrating.

It still works fine in the G70 minus the issues in my initial review. Odd how it works so differently in a system that, from my understanding, is essentially the same.

I hope others have a better experience than we did.

DrShotsPHD

Reaction score
Ok, I got my CPLAY2air adapter in today and had a chance to do some initial testing on my 2020 Palisade Limited. After I fired it up and paired to my car I immediately followed their directions and updated to the latest firmware which was 2020.01.06.1408 (presumably released 1/6/20 based on the version name).

Below is a list of my feedback
-You need to remove pairing between your phone and car for the CPLAY2air adapter to automatically connect when you start the car.
-It takes about 25-30 seconds for it to automatically connect.
-Music quality is just as good as hardwired.
-When text message alerts played there was occasional glitching in audio, sounds like the processing power of the device isn't adequate for the task at hand.
-Steering wheel controls worked.
-There appears to be a 1-2 second delay in audio when changing songs thats not present when hardwired.
-Siri works to call people.
-When talking to people there appears to be a 1-2 second delay and I was getting occasional complains about them hearing themselves (not the case hardwired). Feedback was that it's ok but not ideal from the party being called.

At this time I cannot recommend this to someone that takes calls frequently from their car, I've reached out to CPLAY2air to see what they say about the delay and audio glitching. If that gets fixed I can probably live with waiting 25-30 seconds after starting my car for the connection to be established. Although, it will be annoying to not be able to use regular bluetooth on occasion without going through the whole pairing process.

DrShotsPHD

Reaction score
CPLAY2air released a new update, I installed it tonight and the delay is almost completely gone. I'm happy to report that I plan on keeping it, I'll report back in a week or so after using more extensively.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DrShotsPHD

Reaction score
Jeremy, update directions were in the package. Basically you connect to the WIFI network of the device and navigate to 192.168.50.2 from a browser on your phone, then click the update button. Not much to it.

I used it on the way to work today and I was less impressed, audio was glitching and cutting out. Also it wasn't drawing Waze properly so it looked like a weather map. I think I'm back to returning it...

B9358F1A-2CBC-47CF-A12C-58A863BE92E9_1_105_c.jpeg

flipray

Reaction score
Following for any other recommendation. It’s an interesting concept considering my old Caddy had wireless car play they a Pioneer AVH4500. Kinda miss not having to take my phone out of my pocket other than to charge it.

rusty182004

Reaction score
I received mine about a week ago. After a few power cycles of the device i got it paired. Over the course of the week it would connect nearly immediately about 50% of the time, with some delay about 25% and not at all the rest. No perceptible differences from a hardwired connection when it worked. I decided to update the firmware, appeared successful, now basically bricked. Doesn’t show up as a bluetooth connection and just hangs at “connect with bluetooth” on the car screen.

FrankieD

Reaction score
I received mine about a week ago. After a few power cycles of the device i got it paired. Over the course of the week it would connect nearly immediately about 50% of the time, with some delay about 25% and not at all the rest. No perceptible differences from a hardwired connection when it worked. I decided to update the firmware, appeared successful, now basically bricked. Doesn’t show up as a bluetooth connection and just hangs at “connect with bluetooth” on the car screen.
I was having that issue when it kept saying to connect but I restarted my phone and seemed to fix the issue. Also may try and removing the connection from your phone and try repairing. That may help. Had to do that initially too.

works just fine now

MrCintron

Reaction score

pgiinc

Reaction score

pgiinc

Reaction score
Reaction score
None of those work if you read the fine print, last i checked. They're designed for Android based head units and do not specifically Call out Hyundai AV System let alone Palisade.