Wiring for radar detector

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Jerryooto

Reaction score
Changing from a suburban to a Palisade I need to know which are the ground and live wires so I can hardwire my detector. Suggestions.

Gene

Reaction score
There is a write up on wiring for a camera ( dash cam ) on here.
Use the same wiring for the camera and over head console
You can do a search for it

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jerryooto

Reaction score
There is a write up on wiring for a camera ( dash cam ) on here.
Use the same wiring for the camera and over head console
You can do a search for it
I’m not sure the wiring would be the same for a detector. Dashcam’s usually are connected to the fuses. You don’t need a fuse connection for a detector. Just a ground and a positive. I could be wrong.

RTBoston

Reaction score
The link I shared wires directly into a ground and a positive. You have both options in the homelink mirror - always powered and switch powered (red and green).

Jerryooto

Reaction score
Now the question is where do I find the wires? Are they underneath the black plastic cover that sits behind the mirror? Really need a schematic of the mirror wiring.

RTBoston

Reaction score
You don't need a schematic. Open the center portion of the plastic shroud behind the mirror (you can see it open in my linked post).
There is a wiring harness from the car connected to a harness that powers your mirror. Unclip it.
Look at the color of the wires going into the harness. Green wire is switched power (meaning it is only hot when ignition is on). Red is always on. Black is ground. Then you use the product I listed. If you want the radar on only when the car is on, slide the wires into the same two parts of the harness as the green and black. Plug it all back together. Test it. If everything checks out, throw some electrical tape on to hold things tightly in place.

It's literally a 5 minute job.

Hope that helps. If not, I'm sure a shop could do it for cheap money.

RTBoston

Reaction score