Wind noise and buffering in Hyundai Palisade

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

NBC

Reaction score
My car is fresh off the boat (well, almost-- I picked it up today). While I don’t think the wind noise is anywhere as bad as what some people have posted, it is noticeably louder than my Traverse, which I just traded in today. For reference, my Traverse was noticeably louder than the Buick Enclave, so I never really thought of it as an especially quiet vehicle. I’m not quite sure if this means that my Palisade is normal or abnormal, though. Any thoughts?

G

G-257262

I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise. Is this normal?
A bulletin just came out regarding the driver side wind noise. The parts are on back order, though. It’s the plastic piece above the mirror causing the noise. Go to your dealer. I should have mine done by next weekend. I’ll keep you guys posted.
Dave B
Chicago, IL

jdcash12

Reaction score
I have terrible wind noise as well and I am striking out at the dealer. They followed the steps in the TSB and ended up doing nothing. I asked the service manager to take it for a spin and let me know what he thinks.

jdcash12

Reaction score
My dealer claimed he was told to order a new drivers side mirror.. Seems to me that Hyundai doesnt have a clue on how to fix the wind noise.

ronliz82

Reaction score
I was about to spend 48K and buy the AWD limited. Now with the complaints I will just wait until the wind noise is complete resolve. Thank you all for posting.

SuperSnake79

Reaction score
I was about to spend 48K and buy the AWD limited. Now with the complaints I will just wait until the wind noise is complete resolve. Thank you all for posting.
I had this problem in my 80K Escalade years ago. The problem then and current one is there is a baffle that needs to be replaced or filled with more sound deadening material on the side view mirrors. There is a TSB for this and the dealership where I was at was proactively handling the ones they had in stock. With a recently released vehicle and not using the same parts they did in Korea (power folding mirrors:)) these issues are bound to come up. Being the guinea pig and working out the details always play a part when getting a new line.

Djc

Reaction score
Holding off my LTD purchase as well. Why be aggravated when spending this much $$$$$. Will take a look at new Highlander when it arrives by Christmas, but still like the Palisade. Hoping vehicles built after 12/1 will have problem resolved.

SRS

Reaction score
I got my driver side view mirror assembly replaced. Not the entire unit, just the a small part that connects the mirror to the door. Here is the part number: 87610-S8240 (mirror assembly outside rr view)

Regarding the noise, it got better a little bit, but not completely gone.

RAVRAW

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was looking on the internet for feedback regarding the 2020 Palisade. I am 6 weeks in with mine which is the Ultimate. I travel extensively for business, which means I am in the car for long periods of time each day. The wind noise is truly a flaw to the point my phone conversations, people think I have the window open a bit. I just had my first oil change and asked the service manager to check it out. I advised you need to travel over 80 kph to hear it. He agreed there is noise. He went back to dealership and drove another model from their lot, same issue. It seems the window moves when it is down more so than any other car i have had. I am not a auto designer but maybe the seals need to be either set differently or a different style put on. It is to the point where I am experiencing head aches from the noise. Looking for feedback if anyone else has experienced it or how to report it directly to Hyundai.
I'm having similar issue. Just got the SEL AWD Convenience and on the passenger side there's a loud "hum" going over 65mph when windy. They said they might have to order a new part. It's unfortunate because I've only had it for a week.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Livnxxl

Reaction score
This is weird. We have an SEL no Convenience package and no noise on the highway. I wonder if it’s package related. We do have the mirrors with turn signals however.

Materva

Reaction score
My Wife and I have the SEL model fully loaded and we definitely hear the wind noise. It's not enough to bother the other party of a phone call enough into mentioning something, but I haven't asked either. We bought this car on the Saturday after black friday.

RAVRAW

Reaction score
This is weird. We have an SEL no Convenience package and no noise on the highway. I wonder if it’s package related. We do have the mirrors with turn signals however.
Yea I do as well. I think what's going to happen is either they'll give me a replacement or manufacturer buyback. From my understanding the vehicle is so new, there's no "specific" fixes yet. They'll buyback the vehicle and use it for testing.

RAVRAW

Reaction score
My Wife and I have the SEL model fully loaded and we definitely hear the wind noise. It's not enough to bother the other party of a phone call enough into mentioning something, but I haven't asked either. We bought this car on the Saturday after black friday.
I'll post the link to the video. it's very noticeable.

saxman242

Reaction score
Yea I do as well. I think what's going to happen is either they'll give me a replacement or manufacturer buyback. From my understanding the vehicle is so new, there's no "specific" fixes yet. They'll buyback the vehicle and use it for testing.
There is a TSB out specifically addressing this.

Dick Napa

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was looking on the internet for feedback regarding the 2020 Palisade. I am 6 weeks in with mine which is the Ultimate. I travel extensively for business, which means I am in the car for long periods of time each day. The wind noise is truly a flaw to the point my phone conversations, people think I have the window open a bit. I just had my first oil change and asked the service manager to check it out. I advised you need to travel over 80 kph to hear it. He agreed there is noise. He went back to dealership and drove another model from their lot, same issue. It seems the window moves when it is down more so than any other car i have had. I am not a auto designer but maybe the seals need to be either set differently or a different style put on. It is to the point where I am experiencing head aches from the noise. Looking for feedback if anyone else has experienced it or how to report it directly to Hyundai.
I have the same car and the same issues. When driving at 30 mph down to 10 I hear a distinct whistle. If I turn off the heater it mostly goes away. I plan on bringing it back to the dealer and if necessary I will use the LEMON LAW to make them take it back. I was waiting a little bit to see what solution's other people might have found.
I currently own a NAPA auto parts store and have had one for 60 years so the dealer will not be able to B.S. me.
I will report back often with my results.

Bheath

Reaction score
Mine is still good and no noise after the fix above. Would highly recommend anyone still having this issue to try a temp. fix by installing a piece seal between the window and door panel gap until the dealers are able to address it. The seal cost $3 and will take 5 mins of your time.

Also, I’m in Georgia (just south of Atlanta) if anyone is local and wants me to walk them through a permanent fix. My wife and I love this suv and hate that people are getting deterred away for an annoying noise that is quick and cheap to fix. It’s truly a great vehicle outside of this one issue.

DF6D7F6B-9F55-4709-9C5A-3446B2DD9F65.jpeg 8B740EF7-8C1E-49A4-AC76-F4A5232F309B.jpeg

Last edited: