Prices Paid

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

CVP33

Reaction score
Here‘s the deal people, if it’s not already sold. These are good, hard working people, and a dealer with a 4.6 rating. And last time I checked 11% OFF MSRP is better than 7% OFF. In fact it’s ~$1,500 better.

Attachments

saxman242

Reaction score
And yes, I think you were misleading
How could I have been any more clear then specifically delineating pre and post incentive pricing, over and over, while outlining that my post-incentive discount was a result of an incentive stack that I was fortunate to qualify that most will not.

I stated "pre-incentive" and "post-incentive" over and over again, because it's the only useful way to compare deals. Otherwise you come across a dealer advertising 11% post-incentive and try to compare it to 7% pre-incentive like it isnt apples to oranges.

CVP33

Reaction score
Anyway.......Asheville Hyundai is discounting Palisades if anyone is looking. Only SEL’s and SE’s though.

saxman242

Reaction score
And last time I checked 11% OFF MSRP is better than 7% OFF
And 11% is worse than 15%. Either compare before incentives or compare after incentives. Personally, I think it makes a whole lot more sense to compare before incentives, as that's the discount amount that applies to everyone and isn't situationally dependent.

CVP33

Reaction score
15% Off - Saxy not everyone went to University of Phoenix while being a resident of California. You yourself said your deal is unrepeatable. Didn’t you even get some kind of lease buyout cash for you Ascent? Your paperwork looked like a tax return it had so many itemized deductions. I believe you even counted the $500 All state money. That’s not negotiating, that’s welfare.

CVP33

Reaction score
They gave $3k off because that's what I offered and they wanted to sell the vehicle. It took a lot of shopping to find a dealer that would do that much discount. They may have been trying to hit an end of month number, they may have a business model that prioritizes volume of sales over individual sales, they may have been wanting to boost their number of allocations moving forward, they may have enjoyed the cut of my jib. Even at $3k off, they still made money on the deal. A sale that makes money is worth a lot more than a car sitting on their lot not selling. This particular vehicle had been on their lot for something like 45 days when I got it.

The $2800 in incentives were:

$500 lease cash
$500 conquest
$400 new grad
$500 bonus drive post-sale rebate
$900 student loan assurance post-sale rebate

saxman242

Reaction score
Yah, I've been so deceptive in trying to lie about my deal that I itemized it in detail in January...

Is your next "gotcha" going to be saying I'm lying about having a grey palisade by quoting pictures I posted of my grey palisade?

Last edited:

saxman242

Reaction score
15% Off - Saxy not everyone went to University of Phoenix while being a resident of California. You yourself said your deal is unrepeatable. Didn’t you even get some kind of lease buyout cash for you Ascent? Your paperwork looked like a tax return it had so many itemized deductions. I believe you even counted the $500 All state money. That’s not negotiating, that’s welfare.
My paperwork looks like a standard lease contract.

I never have attended the University of Phoenix. The student loan assurance incentive that Hyundai offered was open to all residents of the state of California and the city of Phoenix Arizona. Why just Phoenix? Hell if I know.

No, I didn't get any money for a trade/buyout cash on an ascent as I have never had an ascent and I didn't get any sort of buyout money. I did get a conquest incentive among the incentives.

You're right, I did say that the stacking of incentives that I was able to do would be unlikely to be duplicated and that as such, a 15% post incentive price would be very difficult to match. That hasn't changed.

And yes, I included the $500 bonus drive incentive in the after incentives price... Because that's what after incentives means. That's also why I specified the discount before incentives, because that is the useful value for comparing based on different incentive structures.

This is exactly why one needs to be careful when looking at a dealer advertised special that includes all incentives. Generally, that includes incentives that you don't qualify for. Just because an advertised deal says 11% off doesn't mean most people can go in and actually get 11% off. It only works if you qualify for all of the incentives that get you there. It is also not uncommon for dealers to list deals like that that include incentives that do not stack, meaning no one can actually get that price. I have no clue if Asheville is doing that in their 11% number because they don't itemize what incentives they're including in their discount amount.

When negotiating with a dealer, it's always a good idea to negotiate on the pre-incentive discount amount, as this is the discount from the dealer, and be extremely specific that everyone is talking about pre-incentive numbers. Nothing worse than agreeing on a discount when you expect the incentives to be pulled off and they're already rolling them in.

Last edited:

PhilPSU

Reaction score
I am working a deal right now on a SEL with Convenience and Premium package. MSRP 42,700, they say they are rock bottom at $40,500 + tags,taxes, and processing fees. They have 39 Palisades in their inventory. Feel like they could do a bit better.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

alexbeau10

Reaction score
steel grey with beige interior. Limited awd. Msrp 48300, selling price 45693. Springfield Hyundai in pa. Excited!
Who did you work with there? I am looking in NJ right now and best I am getting is 47210 sale price for a limited w/ beige interior. Going to reach out to Springfield Hyundai tomorrow and see if we can work a better deal. Were there any incentives in that price?

Phoenix167

Reaction score
If your like me and still waiting for a better deal I would cont to wait. Hertz could be filing for bankruptcy ad forced to sell a hugh amount of their fleet. They have close to 600k vehicles in the US. This will slam the already struggling used car markets. Prices will plunge and so will New car prices. Just my opinion but if you can wait I would.

CVP33

Reaction score
Hertz is fire-sale-ing their ZL1’s and Z06’s. Thought about buying one but the Z06’s are automatics. No bueno. Guessing their fleet will be hitting the streets soon.

Wesmont1234

Reaction score
Who did you work with there? I am looking in NJ right now and best I am getting is 47210 sale price for a limited w/ beige interior. Going to reach out to Springfield Hyundai tomorrow and see if we can work a better deal. Were there any incentives in that price?
Sorry just saw this. I worked with gardner civil. Pretty happy just picked up car an hour ago. Cannot believe how much you get for the price of this car! 500 dealer incentive.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Hertz is fire-sale-ing their ZL1’s and Z06’s. Thought about buying one but the Z06’s are automatics. No bueno. Guessing their fleet will be hitting the streets soon.
They're even selling the Hennessy tuned ZL1s. 750 supercharged hp.