Anyone selling at MSRP in DMV area?

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

sarav

Reaction score
So they gave you a link to be able to track your car, awesome!! Fingers crossed we hear something soon!
Not really. There is a bar code on the window sticker that you can use to figure out which ship the car is coming in and bar code also gives an estimated date of arrival at port. Luckily I was able to track the ship to Philly port the same day. Hopefully the car was on that ship.

Kris

Reaction score
I’m getting SEL AWD with bench seats in moonlight cloud. It’s exactly the trim and color I wanted.
We're looking for the same color in the Calligraphy with light interior. Fingers crossed you get it sooner!😊

Kris

Reaction score
Not really. There is a bar code on the window sticker that you can use to figure out which ship the car is coming in and bar code also gives an estimated date of arrival at port. Luckily I was able to track the ship to Philly port the same day. Hopefully the car was on that ship.
Wow, so the dealer sent you the bar code?

Alan_F

Reaction score
I’m getting SEL AWD with bench seats in moonlight cloud. It’s exactly the trim and color I wanted.
SEL's are readily available. It's the Limited and Calligraphy trim levels that people are having a hard time getting, and dealers are usually asking $5K over MSRP for those trim levels.

sarav

Reaction score
Wow, so the dealer sent you the bar code?
Bar code is on the right bottom of window stickers. There are directions on another palisade forum on how to figure out the expected date and ship details.

sarav

Reaction score
SEL's are readily available. It's the Limited and Calligraphy trim levels that people are having a hard time getting, and dealers are usually asking $5K over MSRP for those trim levels.
Agree, but if you were like me and have a very specific exterior and interior color being enforced by the boss woman, even a SEL is very difficult to find. It took me a month and a 100 mile radius to find what I want in stock that wasn’t already sold

elp_jc

Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Palisade Calligraphy 9 days ago, looking to sell it, white exterior beige interior. I'm in Massachusetts.
So you bought it to flip it, I guess? Unfortunately, if you're not a dealer, you'd have to pay taxes on it, so even if you sell it above what you paid overall, you wouldn't make much, if at all. Good luck.

sarav

Reaction score
Today I took delivery of a SEL AWD 8 seater in Moonlight cloud at a dealership near Mechanicsburg, PA. Shawn was the sales person we worked with and he was an absolute gem. Kept me updated at every step of the process and never forced any dealer addons. Paid MSRP plus few $ for port installed addons like wheels locks, carpet mats. Not a penny more than what was shown in window sticker. In this market, I would take that as a win.
Every dealer I spoke to in MD & Northern VA area had 3000-7500 markup over MSRP for SELs.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Paid MSRP plus few $ for port installed addons like wheels locks, carpet mats. Not a penny more than what was shown in window sticker. In this market, I would take that as a win.
Every dealer I spoke to in MD & Northern VA area had 3000-7500 markup over MSRP for SELs.
This can't be right. Joe Biden and the Federal Reserve have assured us that inflation is imaginary, and that there are not enough jobs for those who want one.

elp_jc

Reaction score
The markups have nothing to do with inflation, but with supply issues. And dealers are doing it because they can. Greedy bastages. Ha ha.

Alan_F

Reaction score
The markups have nothing to do with inflation, but with supply issues. And dealers are doing it because they can. Greedy bastages. Ha ha.
Yes, but why is there a supply problem? There is a supply problem because there are not enough employees to do the work. That causes inflation, since business have to lure employees away from other jobs at a higher wages, plus (as you said) the supply/demand balance is out of wack.

sarav

Reaction score
Yes, but why is there a supply problem? There is a supply problem because there are not enough employees to do the work. That causes inflation, since business have to lure employees away from other jobs at a higher wages, plus (as you said) the supply/demand balance is out of wack.
Supply chain problem with chips & cars stemmed from how manufacturers cut down on their chip orders and as a ripple effect, chip manufacturers switched to making chips for other products like game consoles and gpus. When car manufacturers went back to get more chips because of demand, chip manufacturers are not able to honor that and produce as many car chips as they would like.
This is a global crisis in supply chain and US govt alone cannot fix this. There are still a lot of countries in lockdown and that also affects global supply chain and raw materials.
So instead of talking about politics and how one party is better than the other, it would be a better usage of everyone’s time here if we stick to Palisades.

Last edited:

sarav

Reaction score
Of course they can't fix it, they caused it. It's not just cars or chips that are in short supply.
I will stick to chips and cars for the sake of this forum.
When you say “they caused it”, do you mean the current administration? You do know that the pandemic started in March 2020 right? There were lockdowns across the globe which resulted in chip fabrication plants shutting down. people staying at home bought more electronic gadgets which resulted in manufacturers concentrating on those chips, then there was a major fire in a chip factory in Japan and they couldn’t recover to full capacity sooner than they expected.
Would you share the same views if the other party stayed in power after a successful insurrection?

Eric2203

Reaction score

Of course they can't fix it, they caused it. It's not just cars or chips that are in short supply.
As @sarav said, that is not at all why there is a supply problem. This has everything to do with the pandemic and nothing to do with politics. It’s also a worldwide problem, which demonstrates that it’s not related to the policies of one party or the other in the US alone.

Alan_F

Reaction score
As @sarav said, that is not at all why there is a supply problem. This has everything to do with the pandemic and nothing to do with politics. It’s also a worldwide problem, which demonstrates that it’s not related to the policies of one party or the other in the US alone.
I don't think there is a supply problem for the Palisade. There is a demand problem due to excess liquidity pumped into the economy. Some other brands have had supply problems, but I don't think that includes Hyundai (by their own claim). I didn't say it is has to do with politics, but it has to do with monetary policy by the Federal Reserve, and fiscal policy of the Congress and the President.