FCA system disabled, radar blocked

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

elp_jc

Reaction score
On my ex-Audi S6, just a few freaking bugs on the radar lens in front, were enough to disable ACC. Clean the lens, and problem solved, so it was just a bad design. Never had that issue with any other car, including a Kia Optima, so I assume the Pali is fine in that regard. As far as the camera, I was under the impression it didn't play a role with ACC, but maybe it does with the Pali. On my previous cars, the camera was for lane departure related features.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
On my ex-Audi S6, just a few freaking bugs on the radar lens in front, were enough to disable ACC. Clean the lens, and problem solved, so it was just a bad design. Never had that issue with any other car, including a Kia Optima, so I assume the Pali is fine in that regard. As far as the camera, I was under the impression it didn't play a role with ACC, but maybe it does with the Pali. On my previous cars, the camera was for lane departure related features.

IIRC the windows mounted camera is for lane assist features, the camera in the grille is just for the front parking option.

elp_jc

Reaction score
IIRC the windows mounted camera is for lane assist features, the camera in the grille is just for the front parking option.
That's exactly what I think. The ACC (adaptive cruise control) in thru radar, which is behind the lens at the bottom center of the grille area.

MrClean

Reaction score
An update to my FCA not functioning issue. There is a sensor in the front of the car at the bottom center behind the black rectangle plastic plate. The lower bumper as the shop calls it has a crack in it and has apparently been damaged somehow. Neither my wife nor I can recall doing this and it looks to be too high to have hit a curb. This damage has also broken a tab that holds the sensor and when driving it is causing it to move and be out of alignment. I had a body shop next door to the Hyundai dealership go look at it and he roughly quoted $1,500 - $2,000. I'm going to take a look at it and see if I can tell what needs to be done and possibly order and install the lower bumper part myself.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
An update to my FCA not functioning issue. There is a sensor in the front of the car at the bottom center behind the black rectangle plastic plate. The lower bumper as the shop calls it has a crack in it and has apparently been damaged somehow. Neither my wife nor I can recall doing this and it looks to be too high to have hit a curb. This damage has also broken a tab that holds the sensor and when driving it is causing it to move and be out of alignment. I had a body shop next door to the Hyundai dealership go look at it and he roughly quoted $1,500 - $2,000. I'm going to take a look at it and see if I can tell what needs to be done and possibly order and install the lower bumper part myself.

probably got hit by road debris.

you can buy they lower assembly without the bumper:

part is 86525H

that should be where the lower grille and FCA module mount. there are several part number based on model and color, need your vin to narrow it down. dealer should be able to do so without issue

1620842157453.png

elp_jc

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought the issue was. Sorry it's broken, but obviously not a warranty issue, so you're on your own. I initially thought it was a great idea to place that lens down low, since it looks much nicer, rather than high up, like on Genesis vehicles, when it's not that well disguised. But maybe it wasn't such a good idea, if it's going to get hit with crap. But this is the first time I hear about it. You probably hit a tire carcass, or some other large object, if a tab was broken. Good luck with the fix.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
That's exactly what I thought the issue was. Sorry it's broken, but obviously not a warranty issue, so you're on your own. I initially thought it was a great idea to place that lens down low, since it looks much nicer, rather than high up, like on Genesis vehicles, when it's not that well disguised. But maybe it wasn't such a good idea, if it's going to get hit with crap. But this is the first time I hear about it. You probably hit a tire carcass, or some other large object, if a tab was broken. Good luck with the fix.

It could be an insurance claim. Depending on the state it could be no fault comprehensive coverage claim, so usually no deductible and no rate increase.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I have a $1K compehensive (and collision) deductible, or it'd be stupid expensive, for something I used once... and still got my rates jacked up. It used to be that no rate increase, but not anymore. It depends. I learned the hard way. Ha ha.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
I have a $1K compehensive (and collision) deductible, or it'd be stupid expensive, for something I used once... and still got my rates jacked up. It used to be that no rate increase, but not anymore. It depends. I learned the hard way. Ha ha.
state specific I think.

I had $11,000 in vandalism done to a previous vehicle, no deductible and no rate increase.

G

G-94091

Does anyone know if the cruise control will work if the radar is out or the lane assist is out. I just bought a brand new Pallisade. My 2018 Marano had the same system and if the radar went out so did the cruise control.

munroel

Reaction score
It would seem to be the most logical easy fix for that. If it’s not covered by anything then take it in.
I currently have my 2020 Palisade at the dealership for this problem. They've had it since Monday (it's Thursday now) and they can't figure out why this is coming on. It comes on randomly -- may come on 3X in a day, then may not come on for the next two days. It's May so snow and ice have nothing to do with the malfunction. Dealership has contacted a Hyundai technician. It's amazing to me.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the cruise control will work if the radar is out, or the lane assist is out.
Adaptive cruise no, since it uses radar. But regular cruise absolutely should. To switch, just hold the cruise button that changes car distance for about 2 seconds, until it switches from adaptive to regular cruise. You'll notice the symbol change on the dash. You can toggle back the same way. Car defaults to adaptive every ignition cycle, so you'd have to do that as needed. I don't like adaptive cruise myself, so the very few times I use it on the highway, I put it in normal. And I already used it on the Pali for a few miles when a cop was ahead of me on the drive home from dealer (and yes, switching from 7th to 8th often, to avoid having the engine at the same rpm), so I know what I stated above works on the Pali too :). Hope this helps.

G

G-350039

so have had the car since March, had one other technological issue which service took care of...forgot what it was....but just got this yesterday. "Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) system disabled. Radar blocked. Anyone have any hints?
I only get this when front of car is dirty or frozen. It’s a safety feature when radar cannot sense

G

G-115017

Thanks for all you input. I'll check both the camera and sensor. What doesn't make sense to me however how or why this would start in the middle of driving. I could almost understand when parked, we have a lot of snow and when starting the cart I would get the message. But after driving about 10-15 minutes it first pops up makes no sense. FWIW, the message did stop popping up after 2 days
Mine is doing the same thing!

G

G-80484

so have had the car since March, had one other technological issue which service took care of...forgot what it was....but just got this yesterday. "Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) system disabled. Radar blocked. Anyone have any hints?
I’ve had similar problems with the radar. Hyundai garage says it’s a common problem caused by poor condition of the battery. Mine is 28 months old and of cause the battery warranty is only 24 months.

Gene

Reaction score
I’ve had similar problems with the radar. Hyundai garage says it’s a common problem caused by poor condition of the battery. Mine is 28 months old and of cause the battery warranty is only 24 months.
Check your Warranty book, the warranty on the battery is 3 years /36000 miles

Danny

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2021 Elantra purchased on 6/15/21. after I removed the front license plate it's not showing no more. I'm writing this to you from Hyundai dealership. hope this works for you. good luck

G

G-485533

After 2 years with the car, I’m suddenly getting the same notice. Dealer checked and couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

munroel

Reaction score
After 2 years with the car, I’m suddenly getting the same notice. Dealer checked and couldn’t find anything wrong with it.
I had this issue for several months. Took it to the dealer. I took pictures of the dash when alerts came up to show the Service Dept. They couldn’t find the cause but they reset everything and after about 5 months now, it has not occurred.